The authorities of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has rescheduled its mock examination for Saturday, 23rd March 2019.
12 Vital Things to Know
- JAMB is set to conduct a better examination, ensure more transparent admission and make more remittances to the government.
- The mock examination is not compulsory. Only those who indicated interest during the registration are eligible.
- The purpose of the mock examination is to enable candidates familiarize themselves with the use of CBT. It would not be used for any assessment process.
- Candidates who indicated interest should check their JAMB UTME registration email for their respective centres and time of the exam.
- As from Wednesday, March 6, candidates are advised to go to their profiles to print their examination slips which has their venue and time of the exam. To print the slip; Go to http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility and login using your email address and password On the TABS that appear, Click on “Print Mock Examination Slip” Then proceed to view and print your mock examination slip which contains your venue and time of the exam.
- Candidates are advised not to pay for the mock examination until they are assigned a CBT centre by JAMB.
- The payment shall be made to the CBT centres to which the candidate is assigned after the notification of assigned centres for the mock examination.
- The CBT Centres are allowed to collect through their (CBT Centres) bank accounts, a separate ₦700 only, for the examination after notification of centre has been received by the candidate.
- There is no make up test for those who will miss the mock exam.
- Candidates are to note that irrespective of their choice of course of study, they will be tested on a general text on “Sweet Sixteen” authored by Bolaji Abdullahi for UTME, while the book titled: “The Last Days at Forcados High School” by H. Mohammed is for Direct Entry Candidates.
- Candidates are enjoined to take note of the textbooks recommended by the Board for candidates sitting for various subjects during the UTME? All subjects have recommended textbooks for the 2019 examination. Any candidate who wishes to score high marks should adequately prepare for the examination using the recommended textbooks. >>Click Here<< to see the textbooks recommended by JAMB for your 4 UTME subjects.
- The board enjoins all candidates to jealously guard all their details pertaining to the 2019 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Direct Entry (DE).