- The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has said no fewer than 22 candidates with biometric registration challenges would sit for the 2019 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) at the headquarters of the board in Abuja. JAMB will be responsible for the cost of transportation of the candidates to and from Abuja.
- The candidates will write the examination in any of the board’s accredited centres in Abuja. JAMB took the decision to introduce this measure after it discovered that many candidates use the biometric issue as an excuse to cheat.
- JAMB would not reschedule examination for any candidate on account of a biometric challenge. Any candidate whose fingers could not be captured during registration at the CBT centre, must visit Abuja for his/her registration.”
- This year, sale or registration for all candidates (UTME /DE) including for those outside Nigeria, started from January 10 and ended February 21.
- The 2019 computer-based test examination formerly scheduled to begin on Saturday, March 16 and end on March 23 has been shifted due to the postponement of 2019 general elections.
- The rescheduling of the Presidential and National Assembly elections affected the date of the mock examination which had been fixed for February 23. The board is yet to fix a new date.
- JAMB also revealed that it made N840 million between February 15 and 21, 2019 as revenue. According to the examination body, during the week under review, it made N55,392,973 from the use of its electronic facilities; N758,000,000 from UTME registration, N24,073,710 as service charges by the CBT centres N3,162,720 from consultancy service and N16,000 from other sources. It, however, noted that within the week, it recorded an expenditure of N97,052,298 million through its expenses on staff claims, payment for utilities, taxes among others.
Remember to share this information with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.
For Questions and other inquiries, do make use of the comment box below.
Join Over 100,000 + Readers.
Get a free daily update via Email HERE
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on G+