This part of the JAMB brochure shows you the requirements to apply for Computer Science under the Faculty of Sciences in Nigerian polytechnics and monotechnics. You will see the UTME subject combination needed to apply for the course, O’level requirements for UTME candidates, requirements for Direct Entry candidates, as well as other information you require to successfully apply for the course.
List of Polytechnics / Monotechnics that Offer Computer Science
- Abdul-Gusau Polytechnic
- Abia State College Of Health Sciences And Management Technology
- Abia State Polytechnic
- Abraham Adesanya Polytechnic
- Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic
- Adamawa State Polytechnic
- Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic
- Akwa Ibom State College Of Arts And Science
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic
- Allover Central Polytechnic
- Auchi Polytechnic
- Bayelsa State College Of Arts And Science
- Benue State Poly
- Binyaminu Usman College Of Agriculture
- Bolmor Polytechnic
- College Of Technology, Iresi
- Covenant Polytechnic, Aba
- Crown Polytechnic
- D. S. Adegbenro Ict Polytechnic
- Delta State Polytechnic
- Dorben Polytechnic
- Eastern Polytechnic
- Edo State Institute Of Technology And Management
- Federal College Of Agricultural Produce Technology
- Federal College Of Agriculture, Ishiagu
- Federal College Of Animal Health And Production Tech, Ibadan
- Federal College Of Animal Health And Production Tech, Vom
- Federal College Of Forestry, Jos
- Federal College Of Land Resources Technology, Owerri
- Federal College Of Wildlife Management, New Bussa
- Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
- Federal Polytechnic, Bali
- Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi
- Federal Polytechnic, Bida
- Federal Polytechnic, Damaturu
- Federal Polytechnic, Ede
- Federal Polytechnic, Idah
- Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro
- Federal Polytechnic, Kaura Namoda
- Federal Polytechnic, Mubi
- Federal Polytechnic, Nasarawa
- Federal Polytechnic, Nekede
- Federal Polytechnic, Offa
- Federal Polytechnic, Oko
- Federal Polytechnic, Ukana
- Federal School Of Statistics, Manchok
- Fidei Polytechnic, Gboko
- Gateway Polytechnic Saapade
- Grace Polytechnic, Lagos
- Hassan Usman Katsina Poly
- Heritage Polytechnic
- Hussaini Adamu Federal Polytechnic
- Ibadan City Polytechnic
- Igbajo Polytechnic
- Imo State Polytechnic
- Institute Of Management Technology, Enugu
- Institute Of Technology And Management
- Interlink Polytechnic
- Jigawa State Institute Of Information Technology
- Jigawa State Polytechnic
- Kaduna Polytechnic
- Kalac Christal Polytechnic
- Kano State Polytechnic
- Kings Polytechnic
- Kogi State Polytechnic
- Kwara State Polytechnic
- Lagos City Polytechnic
- Lagos State Polytechnic
- Light House Polytechnic
- Mai Idris Alooma Polytechnic
- Moshood Abiola Polytechnic
- Nacabs Polytechnic
- Nasarawa State Polytechnic
- Niger State Polytechnic
- Nigeria Army School Of Military Engineering, Makurdi
- Nigerian Institution Of Leather Technology And Science Technology
- Nogak Polytechnic
- Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic
- Ogun State Institute Of Technology
- Osun State College Of Technology
- Osun State Polytechnic
- Our Saviour Institute Of Science, Agric. And Tech.
- Oyo State College Of Agriculture
- Plateau State Polytechnic
- Polytechnic Of Sokoto
- Ramat Polytechnic
- Rivers State College Of Arts And Science
- Rivers State Polytechnic
- Ronik Polytechnic
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic
- Shaka Momodu Polytechnic
- St. Mary Polytechnic
- Temple-Gate Polytechnic
- The Ibarapa Polytechnic, Eruwa
- The Polytechnic Igbo-Owu
- The Polytechnic, Ibadan
- The Polytechnic, Ile-Ife
- The Polytechnic, Imesi-Ile
- Tower Polytechnic, Ibadan
- Uyo City Polytechnic
- Waziri Umaru Fed. Polytechnic Birnin Kebbi
- Wolex Polytechnic
- Yaba College Of Technology
- Zamfara State College Of Arts And Science
JAMB UTME Subject Combination
In UTME, note that English Language is mandatory for all courses. The other three subjects required to study Computer Science under the Faculty of Sciences in the institutions listed above are:
Mathematics and any two of
O’Level Requirements for UTME Candidates
To apply for Computer Science as a UTME candidate, you require: Mathematics,
a basic science and
three other subjects chosen from the following: Economics,
A credit passes in English Language and Physics are compulsory
Requirements for Direct Entry Candidates
To apply for Computer Science as a Direct Entry candidate, you require: (i) ADAMAWA-POLY, IMTE and ABIA-POLY accept a pass in Physics.
(ii) YABATECH and RIVCAS require five credits to include Physics, English Language, Mathematics, plus any two of Statistics, Further Mathematics, Chemistry, Economics and Biology. YABATECH requires the credits at not more than two sittings.
(iii) RIVPOLY and AG-POLY require a credit in English.
(iv) NUBA-POLY does not accept Geography and Economics as UTME subjects.
(v) LASPOTECH requires at least a pass in Physics, credits in Mathematics and a social science subject.
(vi) IBADAN-POLY does not accept Geography as UTME subject. Does not accept Government, History and Food and Nutrition as course requirements
(vii) YABATECH requires Physics and Mathematics as UTME subject.
(viii) KAD-POLY – requires credits in Mathematics and a social science, the two other subjects should include Physics/a basic science and at least a pass in Eng. Lang. Food and Nutrition is not acceptable.
(ix) EKITI-POLY requires a pass in English Language and four credits in Mathematics, Physics and two subjects from the social Sciences and one from the Science.
(x) LAGOSCITY-POLY accepts credit in Chemistry in lieu of credit in Physics.
(xi) BAUCHI-POLY, EKITI-POLY offer the course as Computer Studies.
(xii) OFFA-POLY requires credits in Chemistry and one of Basic Elect/Elect., Additional Mathematics and Technical Drawing.
(xiii) OSPOLY does not accept History and Food and Nutrition as Course requirements.
(xiv) EDE-POLY accepts candidates TC Grade II Certificate, Federal Craft Certificate, City and Guides, Intermediate) with credit in Mathematics, Physics, Biology/Agric. Sci. and pass in Woodwork, Metal work, Technical Drawing or Arts will be an advantage or other qualification acceptable to the Polytechnic.
(xv) IGBAJO-POLY accepts five Credit passes in Eng. Lang, Chemistry, Physics and any other two subjects from the following: Mathematics, Bio/Agric, Further Mathematics, Technical Drawing, Economics at not more than two sittings.
(xvi) NEKEDE-POLY and FIDEIPLOY require credit passes in Mathematics, Physics, English Language and two other subjects from Statistics, Further Mathematics, Chemistry, Economics/Commerce, Biology/Agric. Science, government/History, Technical Drawing, Information Communication Technology.
(xvii) KWARA-POLY requires a Credit pass in Physics and does not accept Government/History and Typewriting as Course requirements. Accepts Credit passes in Food and Nutrition in lieu of Agricultural Science/ Biology as Course requirement.
(xviii) FEDPO-NAM accepts candidates TC Grade II Certificate, Federal Craft Certificate, City and Guides, Intermediate) with credit in English Language and Mathematics and any other three relevant subjects from Physics, Biology/Agric. Sci. and Chemistry, Pass in Woodwork, Metal work, Technical Drawing or Arts will be an advantage or other qualification acceptable to the Polytechnic.
(xix) RUGIPO either credit pass in English Language or pass in Chemistry is accepted or vice versa.
(xx) EDE-POLY expects the two other subjects from the following: Chemistry, Economics and Geography.
(xxi) FCAPT–KANO accepts Four credit passes in an NBTE recognized Preliminary National Diploma (at credit level) course offered in a Polytechnic or similar post-secondary technical institution. The credit passes must include Mathematics, Physics, English Language and any other subject
(xxii) RIVPOLY accepts Mathematics, Physics and any one of Further Mathematics, Economics or Chemistry as UTME subjects.
(xxiii) BAUCHI-POLY does not accept Geography, and Physics, Mathematics as Core subjects.
(xxiv) NOGAK accepts a pass in English Language and credit passes in Mathematics, Physics and any two from Social Sciences.
(xxv) IMO-POLY: Requires five credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, A basic science and any two other subjects from the following: Economics, statistics, geography, Government/History, Further Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Agric Science, and Typewriting. At least a pass in physics is compulsory.
(xxvi) FCFJOS requires Five O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics and any two of Chemistry, Biology, Geography, and Economics as course requirement.
(xxvii) MAPOLY requires four credits passes in one sitting or five credits in not more than two sittings to include credit in Mathematics and English Language, Physics/Basic Electricity/Electronics and any other subject(s) from the following: Chemistry/Biology/Agric. Science/Food and Nutrition, Computer Studies/Data Processing, Economics/Commerce, Geography, Further Mathematics.
(xxviii) FCWM– requires Passes in English Language and Physics are compulsory. Credit passes in Mathematics and three other subjects chosen from the following – Economics, Geography, Government/History, Further Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Science, English Language, Typewriting.
(xxix) FCLRTO requires credit pass in Mathematics and Physics and pass in any other Science subjects.
(xxx) OYSCAI requires five O’ level credit passes to include Mathematics, English Language, Physics, Biology/Agricultural Science and any other one from Chemistry, Further Mathematics, Geography, Economics and Type-writing.
(xxxi) AISCAS requires credit passes in Mathematics, Physics/Chemistry/Biology and any other two subjects from Agricultural Science, Further Mathematics, Statistics, Technical Drawing, Physics, Chemistry and a pass in English Language.
(i) KAD-POLY requires Mathematics, Physics and any two from Social or Physical Sciences.
(ii) FCAHPTIB requires Mathematics and any two from Geography, Biology/Agricultural Science, Economics or Chemistry.
(iii) FCFJOS accepts either of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Economics, Biology or Geography
Credit: JAMB Interactive Brochure and Syllabus System