The Board was formed in August 2013 was charged with the responsibility of providing financial aid for its indigene with higher education academic dreams and limited resources, these funds are gotten from the state allocated funds. The Board with its vision to help improve the growth of Delta state indigenes built its functions around making these funds for academic purposes available and easy to reach. The scholarship available are categorized into two (2) which are:
- The Delta State Bursary scholarship,
- The International scholarship.
- Applicant must be an indigene of the State.
- Candidates must be a full-time student of an approved institution in the country.
- Application is for students in 200 level and above.
- Diploma and Master student cannot apply.
- To apply for both local and international scholarships all candidate must have their NIN when applying.
- All candidates must be based in Nigeria and also present evidence backing it.
- All candidates must have shown leadership qualities and also perform excellently in academics.
- Only public and private-owned schools recognized and approved are qualified to apply i.e. University, Polytechnics, and College of Educations
- Applicants must have a CGPA of 3.00 while international applicants pass the University’s English language requirements (of at least 6.5 in IELTS or equivalent TOEFL score obtainable for the session been applied.
HOW TO APPLY
- Visit https://www.dsbsb.dl.gov.ng/ and click on apply.
- Candidates will pay a sum of eight hundred nairas (800) as an application fee using their debit or credit card.
- Upon the confirmation of payment, candidates can now Log in to complete registration.
- All applicants must fill a new form and submit it online.
- Filling the details required e.g. personal details, bank details, and academic details.
- Once the registration is complete acknowledgment receipt should be printed.
- When registering and experience technical difficulty should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
Note: Ensure that all details submitted during this registration are correct because all evidence submitted will be carefully checked and wrong details disqualified immediately.