The scholarship was established by the state government to encourage her indigenes to achieve their academic pursuit. The scholarship is open to all local governments of the state and is fully funded — covers the entire duration of the course of study of the beneficiaries and the application is totally free.
The selected institutions for this scholarship are Federal University Dutse, National Open University of Nigeria, Jigawa State Polytechnic, Jigawa State College of Education.
Candidates studying any of the following courses are qualified to apply for the scholarship:
- Agricultural Engineering/Agricultural Science
- Business Administration/Economics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science/Computer Engineering/System Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Environmental Studies/Surveying
- Mass Communication/Journalism
- Mechanical/Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Human Medicine/Dentistry/Pharmacy
- Petroleum Engineering
- Applicant must be an indigene of Jigawa state.
- Certificate of origin.
- First school leaving certificate.
- All applicants must have a minimum of 5 credits in their O’level result.
- A copy of the admission letter into the institution.
- Candidates must be full-time students of an approved institution.
- All applicants must have a minimum of 3.0 CGPA to apply.
- Statement of result from your present institution showing your CGPA. First School Living Certificate (FSLC).
How to Apply
- Go to jigawastate.gov.ng and click.
- Register with your full name and set a password.
- After registration is complete, Log in to finish up the application process.
- Enter a valid email and a correct phone number.
- Copies of the following required documents:
- Certificate of origin
- First school leaving certificate
- O’Level result
- Admission letter
- Statement of result
- Any identification card should be scanned and uploaded.
- A passport photograph should also be uploaded.
NOTE: All application forms will be thoroughly examined so make sure that information on both the application and documents correspond, hence all documents submitted will be verified.