Table of Contents
The University of Nigeria (UNN) is the first indigenous university in Nigeria. It was founded on the standards and curriculum of the new world, in preparation of Nigeria’s Independence. It is, therefore, a privilege to have attended, and alumni of UNN.
In the spirit of altruism, we are called to give back to the University, protecting as much as possible and when necessary, her image and interest.
UNN USA alumni scholarship is a merit-based scholarship. It is for undergraduate students at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
Students get awarded the UNN USA scholarships based on merit. It means that applicants must exhibit appropriate writing skills.
Applicants must pay attention to grammar and arrangement when writing their essays.
The scholarship covers the tuition fee of successful applicants.
Successful applicants must maintain a CGPA of 4.0 and above.
UNN-USA is an equal opportunity non-profit org. registered under chapter 501c3 of the U.S. I.R.S.
Aim of the Scholarship
The goal of the UNN USA scholarship is to award ten to fifteen scholarships yearly to UNN students.
The scholarship covers tuition only, plus a stipend (total may not exceed 100,000 Naira).
Successful candidates of the scholarship must have the following attributes;
- Show good character
- Outstanding academic competence
- Future promise in their respective fields of study
Other extenuating circumstances, when necessary, may also be considered.
Here are the requirements for the UNN USA scholarship;
- Students must have completed one full academic year of study at UNN.
- Students must have a CGPA of 4.0 or higher on a 5.0 scale.
- Students must maintain a minimum CGPA of 4.0 or higher during their remaining years of study to maintain the scholarship.
To apply for the scholarship, eligible students must complete and submit the application forms (including the 500 words essay) by September 30, 2021.
Applications are available online at www.unnusa.org.
UNN-USA Application Procedure
- Visit www.unnusa.org on your Google Chrome browser.
- Click on scholarship on the top menu.
- Select Scholarship Application.
- Fill in your personal and student details.
- Enter your essay in the space provided.
- Upload your passport or student ID card.
- Enter extenuating circumstance (optional)
- Click submit.
Only applications submitted through the online platform will is acceptable.
The scholarship committee will interview all successful finalists.
Recipients will get a notification before beginning their next academic year.
Current UNN-USA Scholars (recipients of UNN-USA scholarships) are not eligible to apply.
Students are encouraged to apply for the scholarship.
Please choose only one topic (500 words).
- Describe a problem you have solved or a problem you will like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma, anything that is of personal importance irrespective of the magnitude. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could take to identify a solution.
- Describe a topic, idea, or concept you find so engaging that it makes you lose track of time. Why do you find it engaging? What or to whom do you turn to when you want to learn more?
- The lessons we take from failure can be fundamental to later success. Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you and what did you learn from the experience?
Still Got a Question? Drop Your Question Right HERE 👇👇 and click on Search. Get an Immediate Response...
Get in touch with us
Like and Follow us on Facebook @SURE SUCCESS NG
Join our Aspirants Facebook Group @JAMB Tutorials & Updates
UNN Aspirants and Students, Join MY UNN DREAMS (MUD)
If this post was helpful to you, please help us to reach others by sharing with the buttons below!