WAAW Foundation Scholarship offers $500 for need-based undergraduate female African students admitted to a University, College or institute of higher learning in Africa.
Please read the eligibility criteria before you apply. All non-qualifying applications will be automatically deleted! Criteria for eligibility include:
- Female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate B.S.degree program.
- Studying STEM-related courses in a University or college in Africa.
- Demonstrable financial need
- Excellent Academic Record.
- Proven leadership, volunteering and community service
- Below the age of 32 years.
- Only students in their first and second year are eligible to apply. And also students in their third year if studying a five-year course.
Please note that we do not fund graduate (masters, MBA or Phd) programs, second or subsequent degrees, students older than 32 years, non-STEM focused courses or Diploma degrees. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to these requirements.
WAAW Foundation awards annual scholarships to students who demonstrate need and prove their status as full-time students in a STEM-related course in an African University. Recipients will be required to start a STEM Outreach Chapter at their university.
List of accepted and not accepted courses. Note that there are NO EXCEPTIONS to the courses listed.
Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)-related courses at any African university;
a. All fields of Engineering
b. All computer science
c. Science & Mathematics related fields; Industrial chemistry, environmental sciences
d. Medical courses; Pharmacy / Biomedical, Biochemistry, Zoology
e. Agriculture, Geography, and Statistics etc.
Not Accepted Courses:
a. Core medical courses like Medicine and Surgery, Nursing etc
b. Social Science courses
c. Art courses.
Table of Contents
HOW TO APPLY
Your application will include the following:
- The application form filled out completely.
- Personal and Contact Information.
- Educational background and Family Information.
- Statement of need should describe why scholarship funds are needed and what the funds will be used for if received.
- Essays are strong criteria in determining candidates who are shortlisted. Responses to essay where to buy modafinil online reddit questions that address career goals and how you expect the WAAW scholarship will assist in your education. Please have your essay responses ready before you begin the application.
- 1. In 500 words or less, please write an essay on your future career goals and how you expect the WAAW foundation scholarship will assist in fulfilling those goals.
- 2. In 300 words or less, please describe what you believe about female education in Africa and its impact on research, development or advancement in African economies.
3. In 500 words or less, what is your proudest achievement to date
- 4. Describe in ten or less sentences why you need a scholarship. Tell us about your need or personal/family/financial situation and how the funds from the WAAW scholarship will assist your education and/or career plans.
- Two academic/professional references. Note recommendation letters and transcripts ARE NOT REQUIRED at the time of application. ONLY after a candidate has been shortlisted. However, you must provide the names of 2 references in your application.
ONLY Shortlisted candidates will be required to send the following additional items in order to complete this process.
- 2 references; one MUST be written by a professor from your institution of study and the other from an academic supervisor/advisor or mentor to be emailed by your referee to us.
- A copy of a current signed and sealed transcript from your University to be emailed to email@example.com
- A copy of the student’s School identity card must be scanned and emailed to us.
Please do not email inquiries until you have reviewed all the requirements above, including the list of accepted and unaccepted course in the FAQ link above.
Please visit our FAQ page for answers to your questions
For further information or inquiries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
1. Where can I apply for the Scholarship?
A: You can apply at www.waawfoundation.org/scholarship
2. When does the scholarship open?
A. The Scholarship opens on August 1 and closes on October 15.
3. How do I show financial need?
A. Tell us about your need or personal/family/financial situation in the essay question.
4. Will those reapplying still go through the same procedures as those applying for the first time?
A. Yes, you will where to buy provigil in canada need to complete the application.
5. Who can I use as references?
A. You must provide 2 letters of reference, one MUST be written by a professor from your institution of study and the other from an academic supervisor/advisor or mentor.
6. Can a student who just gained admission benefit from this scholarship.
A. You must be accepted and taking classes as an undergraduate in order to provide proof of academic excellence
7. Can I get a recommendation letter from an experienced relation (father, uncle and so on) as an academic mentor. In other words, must a job supervisor and/or academic mentor be someone the applicant knows?
A. You must get a recommendation from someone who can attest to your job/academic ethics and prowess. So yes it must be someone you know and has worked with/taught you.
8. Can I save the incomplete application and continue later.
A. No, you will need to enter another application.
9. When will the Short List be announced?
10. When will the awards be announced?
11. What courses are accepted as STEM
A. Agriculture, Aircraft engineering, Architecture, Bio Medical, Biochemistry, Biology, Botany, Chemistry, Civil engineering and urbanism, Computer Science, Construction technology and management , Economics, Electronics Engineering, Engineering Agriculture, Environmental Health, Environmental Science, Food Science Technology, Genetics, Geography, Geology, Industrial Chemistry, IT, Math related fields, Natural Science, Pharmacy, Physics, Science related fields, Statistics, Technology, Zoology
12. Are Medicine and Surgery accepted?
A. No WAAW Foundation has determined that it is not able to consider Medicine and Surgery for its scholarship program at this time.
13. Courses not accepted for the WAAW Scholarship
A. Accounting, Agriculture Economics, Anesthesiology, Arts, BA degree, Banking and Finance, Business Administration, Business Information Technology, Business Statistics, Catering/Hospitality, Commerce, Community Health, Developmental Studies, Diploma, Economics, Education/Teaching, Finance and Operation Research, Financial Management, Gender Studies, Graphics Design, Guidance & Counseling, Health Information Management, International Finance, International Relations, Journalism, Law, Library and Information Sciences, Mass Communication, Math Education, Matric, Medical Lab Science, Medicine and Surgery, N2, National Diploma, Nature Conservation, Nursing, Paramedics, Political science, Procurement, Project Management, Psychology, Public Administration, Public Health, Real Estate, Recreation and Leisure Management, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, Secretarial Studies, Social Science, Social Science in Economics, Sociology, Supplies Chain Management, Textile Technology, Tourism and Hospitality Management, Veterinary Medicine, Welding and Fabrication Engineering, Wildlife and Ecotourism Management
14. Does the applicant or the referee send in the Reference Letter?
A. The person who is the reference should send it to email@example.com
Still Got a Question? Drop Your Question Right HERE 👇👇 and click on Search. Get an Immediate Response...
Get in touch with us
Like and Follow us on Facebook @SURE SUCCESS NG
Join our Aspirants Facebook Group @JAMB Tutorials & Updates
UNN Aspirants and Students, Join MY UNN DREAMS (MUD)
If this post was helpful to you, please help us to reach others by sharing with the buttons below!