This is for BECE Candidates looking for Junior WAEC 2024 Questions and Answers Basic Technology. The Basic Technology paper is compulsory for all candidates regardless of their school. So, here you will get genuine Junior WAEC 2024 Questions and Answers for Basic Technology. Your duty now is to read through them as many times as possible and get ready to smash your Basic Technology paper.
Table of Contents
What are Junior WAEC 2024 Questions and Answers Basic Technology
Junior WAEC 2024 Questions and Answers Basic Technology are the questions you should expect in your Basic Technology paper in 2024 BECE, together with their answers.
It is very important that every candidate preparing to sit for Basic Technology in the forthcoming 2024 BECE examination should catch a glimpse of these questions.
In so doing, they will know what to expect in the exam hall. Knowing exactly what to expect will boost their confidence and guarantee them a very high score.
Junior WAEC 2024 Basic Technology Questions and Answers Revealed!
On this page, we shall reveal Junior WAEC 2024 Questions and Answers Basic Technology for all candidates taking the Basic Technology paper.
How lucky you are to stumble upon this important page!
The questions are genuine and the answers are accurate, and all are a product of our passion to see you excel in your BECE and proceed to Senior Secondary School.
In the following sections, you will read the Basic Technology questions you are to expect in your 2024 Junior WAEC exam as well as their answers. You can use the comments section if you still need clarification over some of the questions. We will give you a more detailed explanation.
BECE is a very serious and important examination. You will answer 60 questions in BECE Basic Technology 2024 within 2 hours. So it’s important that you pay attention to the information revealed on this page.
Junior WAEC 2024 Questions and Answers Basic Technology [Numbers 1 – 10]
1. The ability of a metal to be rolled, hammered and bent without cracking is
A. elasticity B. malleability
C. ductility D. brittleness
2. That part of the tree from which timber is obtained is called
A. branches B. cambium
C. sap D. stem
3. The milky liquid from rubber tree is called
A. latex B. natural
C. artificial D. gum
4. This is a special property of ceramics
A. brittleness B. conductivity
C. ductility D. toughness
5. Soft solder is an alloy of
A. lead and tin
B. copper and tin
C. copper and zinc
D. zinc and lead
6. Brass is an alloy of copper and
A. aluminum B. lead
C. steel D. zinc
7. Plastic buckets are made by the method of
A. vacuum forming
B. compression moulding
C. injection moulding
8. The art of making ceramic products from clay is known as
A. forging B. forming
C. pottery D. processing
9. Which of these does NOT belong to the group?
A. araldite B. evostick
C. soleg D. superglue
10. These appliances convert electrical energy to heat energy EXCEPT electric
A. bulb B. kettle
C. fridge D. iron
Answers to Basic Technology Question Number 1 – 10
1.B 2.D 3.A 4.A 5.A 6.D 7.A 8.C 9.C 10.C
Junior WAEC 2024 Questions and Answers Basic Technology [Numbers 11 – 20]
11. This reduces the weight of timber and increases its strength.
A. conversion B. felling
C. preservation D. seasoning
12. The general name for plane figures with four straight sides it
A. quadrilateral B. square
C. octalderon D. rectangle
13. A year’s growth in a tree is called
A. bark B. annual ring
C. pith D. sandy
14. Which of the following soil types has the highest bearing capacity?
A. gravel B. loam
C. clay D. sandy
15. The instrument used for cutting metals is called saw
A. back B. coping
C. hack D. panel
16. During concrete-mixing, the binding material is
A. cement B. mortar
C. water D. shovel
17. The positive charge in the nucleus of an atom is called
A. atom B. electron
C. neutron D. proton
18. Engineering soils are usually classified into cohesive and ….. soils.
A. gravel B. non-cohesive
C. sandy D. loam
19. A machine which uses a fulcrum to function is
A. lever B. pulley
C. screw D. wedge
20. The type of furnace for melting of non-ferrous metals is… furnace
A. reverberatory B. blast
C. open hearth D. basemer converter
Answers to Basic Technology Question Number 11 – 20
11.D 12.A 13.B 14.A 15.C 16.A 17.D 18.B 19.A 20.A
Junior WAEC 2024 Questions and Answers Basic Technology [Numbers 21 – 30]
21. Pulleys have grooves to engage the
A. chain B. clutch
C. gear D. rope
22. Which of these pencils is the hardest?
A. 2H B. 5B
C. 3H D. HB
23. Which of the following food items is stored in the open air?
A. Fruits B. Grains
C. Kolanut D. yam
24. Loading of large quantity of loose material at a time into a tipper is best achieved by use of
A. shovel B. bulldozer
C. grader D. pay loader
25. A device for storing large quantity of grain is known as
A. barn B. basket
C. can D. silo
26. Generally all machines require regular …… to function better.
A. greasing B. maintenance
B. warning D. cleaning
27. The angle that is more than 180° but less than 360° is called angle
A. acute C. reflex
B. obtuse D. right
28. In which order should the following occur?
A. 1, 2, 3, 4 B. 3, 1, 2, 4
C. 4, 1, 2, 3 D. 2, 3, 1, 4
29. Friction generates ….. in machines.
A. heat B. grease
C. oil D. speed
30. Lines that never meet are called ….. lines.
A. broken B. parallel
C. vertical D. faint and thin
Answers to Basic Technology Question Number 21 – 30
21.D 22.C 23.D 24.D 25.B 26.B 27.C 28.D 29.A 30.B
Junior WAEC 2024 Questions and Answers Basic Technology [Numbers 31 – 40]
31. A material which offers resistance to the flow of electric current is known as
A. conductor B. insulator
C. condenser D. radiator
32. Which of these devices changes electrical energy to mechanical energy?
A. Motor B. Generator
C. Battery D. Transformer
33. One application of electromagnetic effect is in electric …..
C. pressing iron
34. The engine crankshaft of a car performs …. motion.
A. rotary B. linear
C. non-linear D. drilling
35. The flow of electrons in a circuit is known as
A. current B. power
C. resistance D. voltage
36. In technical drawing, if the front elevation is followed by the plan, it is called …… angle projection.
A. first B. second
C. third D. fourth
37. Ammeter is used for measuring
A. current B. power
C. resistance D. voltage
38. One of the following instruments listed below is used for vertical and inclined lines.
A. tee-square B. rule
C. compass D. set-square
39. A current of 0.2A flows in a circuit with a resistance of 60 ohms, calculate the potential difference across the circuit.
A. 12V B. 120V
C. 30V D. 300V
40. Which method of food preservation is the most effective?
A. salting B. canning
C. smoking D. refrigeration
Answers to Basic Technology Question Number 31 – 40
31.B 32.A 33.A 34.A 35.A 36.A 37.A 38.D 39.A 40.B
Junior WAEC 2024 Questions and Answers Basic Technology [Numbers 41 – 50]
41. The S.I. unit for power is
A. ampere B. joule
C. watt D. volt
42. If a load of 20N is put in a machine with an effort of 5N, calculate the force ratio of the machine.
A. 4N B. 100N
C. 15N D. 2.5N
43. Any substance which produces heat when it burns is known as
A. gas B. fuel
C. kerosene D. petrol
44. In sheet metal work, shears and tin snips are used for
D. bending and folding
45. The process of reducing friction in machines by use of oil and grease is known as
A. construction B. fabrication
C. lubrication D. reduction
46. Polyvinyl acetate (P.V.A.) glue is classified as
A. thermosetting type
47. The tool used for producing circular holes on wood or metal is called a
A. chisel B. drill
C. hammer D. saw
48. The group of metals that is iron- based is called ….. metals.
A. carbon B. non-carbon
C. ferrous D. non-ferrous
49. One of the following is a driving tool.
A. chisel B. punch
C. saw D. vice
50. Which of the following is used for flattening and shaping the metal?
A. G-clamp B. Anvil
C. Pipe Wrench D. Twist drill
Answers to Basic Technology Question Number 41 – 50
41.C 42.A 43.B 44.C 45.C 46.B 47.B 48.D 49.B 50.B
Junior WAEC 2024 Questions and Answers Basic Technology [Numbers 51 – 60]
51. The tool for tightening and loosing nuts and bolts is known as
A. calipers B. compasses
C. screw driver D. spanner
52. The forging process, by which the thickness of a bar is increased at the expense of its length, is known as
A. bending B. drawing down
C. twisting D. upsetting
53. Force per unit area is known as
A. energy B. power
C. pressure D. work
54. Plane figures with more than four sides are generally called
A. polygons B. prisms
C. quadrilaterals D. trapezium
55. The type of energy harnessed by building a dam across a river is called
A. heat B. nuclear
C. solar D. tidal
56. Transistors are made of
57. The car battery converts ….. energy to electrical energy.
A. chemical B. light
C. sound D. mechanical
58. An instrument for smoothing furniture work is
A. abrasive B. adhesive
C. joinery D. bonding
59. The machine for tuning wood in the workshop is known as
A. band saw
B. rip saw
C. surface planer
D. wood lathe
60. Pasteurization is principally used for preservation of
A. milk B. vegetable
C. onions D. garri
Answers to Basic Technology Question Number 51 – 60
51.D 52.D 53.C 54.A 55.D 56.C 57.A 58.A 59.D 60.A
SECTION B: ESSAY
Answer ALL questions in this section.
1. (a) What is food storage?
(b) State three (3) various food storage methods you know.
(c) (i) Name three (3) various food preservation techniques.
(ii) Give an example of food that is preserved by each technique.
2. (a) What is work done?
(b) If a force of 10 Newtons moves a load through a distance of 24 meters, calculate the work done.
3. (a) Mention four (4) operating gases that could be used in a refrigerator. (b) What is the use of a thermostat in a refrigerator freezer and air conditioner?
(c) Define (explain) the following terms in technical drawing:
(ii) Pictorial drawing
(iii) Projection line
(d) Why is the ammonia gas used mostly in the refrigerator?
4. A transformer has 400 volts as output voltage. If the primary and secondary windings are 40 and 50 turns respectively,
(i) What type of transformer is it?
(ii) Calculate the input voltage.
Junior WAEC 2024 Questions and Answers Basic Technology PDF Download
Here is junior WAEC 2024 questions and answers Basic Technology PDF download link for you: >>JSCE Basic Technology 2024<<
So here you have the 60 Basic Technology Questions you can expect in your 2024 BECE Basic Technology examination. Read them again and again. Ensure that you get very familiar with each of them such that you can readily recognize them any time.
Remember that you can ask for more detailed explanation to any of the above questions in case you don’t fully understand it. Don’t be shy, just scroll down and use the comments section. Drop your questions and expect comprehensive answers as soon as possible.
More so, you can help us to reach others in need of Junior WAEC 2024 Basic Technology Questions and Answers by sharing this post with friends on Social Media. Just scroll down to see the Facebook and Twitter and WhatsApp buttons. Thank you so much!
See you on the next article.
Read Also: Junior WAEC Time Table 2024 is Out
Still Got a Question? Drop Your Question Right HERE 👇👇 and click on Search. Get an Immediate Response...
Get in touch with us
Like and Follow us on Facebook @SURE SUCCESS NG
Join our Aspirants Facebook Group @JAMB Tutorials & Updates
UNN Aspirants and Students, Join MY UNN DREAMS (MUD)
If this post was helpful to you, please help us to reach others by sharing with the buttons below!