This is for BECE Candidates looking for Junior WAEC 2024 Questions and Answers Home Economics. The Home Economics paper is compulsory for all candidates regardless of their school. So, here you will get genuine Junior WAEC 2024 Questions and Answers for Home Economics. Your duty now is to read through them as many times as possible and get ready to smash your paper.
Table of Contents
What are Junior WAEC 2024 Questions and Answers Home Economics?
Junior WAEC 2024 Questions and Answers Home Economics are the questions you should expect in your Home Economics paper in 2024 BECE, together with their answers.
It is very important that every candidate preparing to sit for in the forthcoming 2024 BECE examination should catch a glimpse of these questions.
In so doing, they will know what to expect in the exam hall. Knowing exactly what to expect will boost their confidence and guarantee them a very high score.
Junior WAEC 2024 Home Economics Questions and Answers Revealed!
On this page, we shall reveal Junior WAEC 2024 Questions and Answers for all candidates taking the Home Economics paper.
How lucky you are to stumble upon this important page!
The questions are genuine and the answers are accurate, and all are a product of our passion to see you excel in your BECE and proceed to Senior Secondary School.
In the following sections, you will read the Home Economics questions you are to expect in your 2024 Junior WAEC exam as well as their answers. You can use the comments section if you still need clarification over some of the questions. We will give you a more detailed explanation.
BECE is a very serious and important examination. You will answer 60 questions in BECE Home Economics 2024 within 2 hours. So it’s important that you pay attention to the information revealed on this page.
Junior WAEC 2024 Questions and Answers Home Economics [Numbers 1 – 10]
1. Budget is normally based on
A. gross income
B. net income
C. total income
D. partial income
2. One of the following is NOT a source of family income.
A. Salaries C. Debts
B. Wages D. Gifts
3. An outlet of waste water is called a
A. drain B. dart
C. bin D. hole
4. Stubborn stains should NOT be removed from stoves and cookers with
A. coarse abrasive
B. mild abrasive
C. warm water
D. dish cloth
5. The process of removing water from wood before it is for construction is known as
A. drying B. seasoning
C. warping D. twisting
6. Which of the following does not belong to the group?
A. linoleum B. rug
C. wood D. mat
7. Improper threading of machine can lead to constant
A. breaking of cloth
C. Breaking of thread
8. When the foot is constantly wet, bacteria and fungi can grow in between the toes causing
A. corn B. calluses
C. wet feet D. Athlete’s foot
9. The natural marking or lines that appear on wood as designs or patterns are called……….of the wood
A. designs B. grains
C. lines D. patterns
10. One of these pests does not cause damage to wood.
A. Dry rot B. Butterfly
C. Wet rot D. Lice
Answers to Question Number 1 – 10
1.B 2.C 3.A 4.A 5.B 6.C 7.C 8.B 9.B 10.D
Junior WAEC 2024 Questions and Answers Home Economics [Numbers 11 – 20]
11. The nutrient that can insulate the body and keep it warm is…
A. fats and oil B. starches
C. insulator D. proteins
12. Kwashiorkor is a deficiency disease resulting from lack of…..
A. vitamins B. protein
C. mineral D. carbohydrates
13. Woollen materials are best washed by
A. kneading and squeezing
B. wringing and friction
C. friction and squeezing
D. wringing and kneading
14. The most complete form of rest is found in
A. relaxation B. recreation
C. sleep D. conversation
15. One of these is a natural fibre
A. Terylene B. Silk
C. Polyester D. Nylon
16. The needs of the family are classified into
A. personal and group
B. formal and informal
C. needs and necessities
D. Primary and secondary
17. Use rubbing or friction method when washing ….. fabric
A. white cotton B. woolen
C. rayon D. silk
18. A light meal eaten between meals is called
A. break fast B. dessert
C. lunch D. snack
19. The …. Immunization should be given at birth
C. triple vaccine
D. smallpox vaccine
20. Which of the these is essential for a child suffering from rickets?
A. Protein B. lodine
C. Vitamin A D. Calcium
Answers to Question Number 11 – 20
11.A 12.D 13.A 14.C 15.B 16.D 17.A 18.D 19.A 20.D
Junior WAEC 2024 Questions and Answers Home Economics [Numbers 21 – 30]
21. Knives, spoons and forks in a table setting are collectively called
A. cruet B. table set
C. cutlery D. china ware
22. A family that includes aunts, uncles, grand parents, cousins and other relations is called family.
A. expensive B. extended
C. extension D. expanding
23. Which one of the following helps to reduce fatigue?
A. sleep B. relaxation
C. routine D. rest
24. The thin protective band of skin round the nails is called
A. skin B. nail bed
C. cuticle D. nail plate
25. Which one of the following is NOT true
A. flax plant linen
B. silkworm cotton
C. sheep wool
D. cellulose acetate
26. The ….. fabric is soft to touch and retains body heat.
A. cotton B. linen
C. nylon D. wool
27. The ……… period is the time when the baby (fetus) is in the mother’s womb.
A. weaning B. delivery
B. gestation D. abortion
28. The process of separating dirty cloths according to colours, or fabrics is called……
B. colour separation
C. fabric difference
29. Excessive bleeding may be caused by lack of vitamin.
A. C B. A
C. B D. K
30. Which option below is not a reason for starching clothes?
A. Restores natural stiffness
B. Improves the appearance of a dress
C. Adds extra stiffness
D. Weakness a material quickly
Answers to Question Number 21 – 30
21.C 22.B 23.D 24.C 25.D 26.D 27.B 28.A 29.D 30.D
Junior WAEC 2024 Questions and Answers Home Economics [Numbers 31 – 40]
31. Which of these are used in modern homes?
A. mud, tiles, terrazzo, marble
B. wood, bamboo, tiles, grass
C. tiles, terrazzo, concrete, marble
D. concrete, grass, marble, titles
32. Stagnant water breeds
33. There are physical changes in boys and girls during the period of
A. ovulation C. mating
B. puberty D. courtship
34. Injuries sustained from hot liquids are called
A. burns B. incision
C. scalds D. abrasion
35. Excess body weight is known as
A. lordosis B. scurvy
C. fat D. obesity
36. An expensive type of glass, used mainly for decorations and table ware is Glass
A. crystal or cut
B. mirror or shine
37. The treatment given to wood after the article was made is called
A. finishing C. shining
B. shoeing D. barking
38. Infant health problems are best managed by ……
39. A dustpan is for
A. dusting powder
B. gathering refuse
C. gathering dust
40. Glass is made up of these materials EXCEPT
A. sand B. soda ash
C. line D. ash
Answers to Question Number 31 – 40
31.C 32.B 33.B 34.C 35.D 36.A 37.A 38.C 39.B 40.D
Junior WAEC 2024 Questions and Answers Home Economics [Numbers 41 – 50]
41. Vitamins …. and ….. are water soluble vitamins.
A. B, D B. B, C
C. A, B D. C, D
42. The following are body measurement taken during dress making EXCEPT
B. Back bodice
C. Back width
D. Mape to waist
43. The joining line made when two pieces of cloth are stitched together is called
A. seam allowance
B. grain line
D. seam line
44. Spool pin is a part of sewing machine that is used to hold the …… in position.
C. presser foot
D. machine thread
45. A small cap-like metal of plastic worn on the finger when sewing is called
46. Food cooked by …. digest easily
A. frying B. boiling
C. stewing D. steaming
47. Fats are …… at room temperature
A. liquid B. solid
C. cool D. good
48. The best flower arrangement for a dinning table is
A. crescent B. vertical
C. oval D. triangular
49. Surplus carbohydrates in the body is stored as ….. in body.
A. protein B. fat
C. starch D. vitamins
50. The field of study that deals with food we eat and how it nourishes the body.
A. nutrients B. food technology
C. nutrition D. nourishment
Answers to Question Number 41 – 50
41.B 42.C 43.D 44.D 45.B 46.A 47.B 48.A 49.B 50.C
Junior WAEC 2024 Questions and Answers Home Economics [Numbers 51 – 60]
51. Lemon or lime juice can be used for cleaning
A. copper C. glass
B. gold D. clothes
52. All these are types of temporal stitches EXPECT
A. Tailor’s tacks
B. Diagonal basting
C. Even basting
D. Running stitches
53. In planning meals it is important to make of food available in a particular
A. market B. season
C. house D. shop
54. Which of these is not a baking equipment
B. Oven gloves
C. Can opener
D. Pastery cutter
55. Which of the following is not a care method?
A. cleaning B. steaming
C. toning D. face packing
56. Fatigue is the state of being extremely
A. active B. strong
C. weak D. sick
57. Pick out the odd one in the group below
A. silk B. cotton
C. wool D. nylon
58. A good first aid for minor burns in the home is the application of
C. petroleum jelly
D. gentian violet
59. In preparing fruit drinks are
A. overripe fruits
B. unripe fruits
C. overripe and soft fruits
D. ripe and firm fruits
60. An energy giving food is one rich in
Answers to Question Number 51 – 60
51.A 52.D 53.B 54.C 55.B 56.C 57.D 58.D 59.D 60.C
SECTION В: ESSAY
Answer all the questions in this section.
1. (a) State five methods of cooking
(b) State four methods of food preservation
(c) State the suitable method of preserving fish of the village
2. (a) State one function and one deficiency disease of the following vitamins:
(i) A (ii) D (iii) C
(b) List two sources of calcium.
(c) State one function of carbohydrate and protein respectively.
3. (a) What is a Layette?
(b) List any six items that are part of a layette.
(c) State four signs of pregnancy.
(d) Give any four reasons why anti-natal care is important
4. (a) Enumerate three ways respectively by which the following stains can be removed from cotton fabric
(i) Biro Ink
(ii) Palm oil
(b) List four characteristics of silk fabric.
Final Thoughts on Junior WAEC 2024 Questions and Answers Home Economics
So, above are the 60 objective Questions you can expect in your 2024 BECE Home Economics examination. The essay questions are also given. Read them again and again. Ensure that you get very familiar with each of them such that you can readily recognize them any time.
Remember that you can ask for more detailed explanation to any of the above Junior WAEC 2024 Questions and Answers Home Economics in case you don’t fully understand it. Don’t be shy, just scroll down and use the comments section. Drop your questions and expect comprehensive answers as soon as possible.
See you on the next article.
Read Also: Junior WAEC Time Table 2024 is Out
Still Got a Question? Drop Your Question Right HERE 👇👇 and click on Search. Get an Immediate Response...
Get in touch with us
Like and Follow us on Facebook @SURE SUCCESS NG
Join our Aspirants Facebook Group @JAMB Tutorials & Updates
UNN Aspirants and Students, Join MY UNN DREAMS (MUD)
If this post was helpful to you, please help us to reach others by sharing with the buttons below!