This is for UTME Candidates looking for Chemistry JAMB Questions and Answers 2023. Especially for those aspiring for Medicine, Pharmacy, Health Sciences, Engineering and other Physical Science courses. Here you will get genuine Chemistry JAMB questions and answers for 2023. Your duty now is to read through them as many times as possible and get ready to smash your Chemistry paper.
Table of Contents
What are Chemistry JAMB Questions and Answers 2023
Chemistry JAMB Questions and Answers 2023 are the questions you should expect in your Chemistry paper in 2023 UTME, together with their answers.
It is very important that every candidate preparing to sit for Chemistry in the forthcoming 2023 JAMB examination should catch a glimpse of these questions.
In so doing, they will know what to expect in the JAMB CBT hall. Knowing exactly what to expect will boost their confidence and guarantee them a very high score.
Chemistry JAMB Questions and Answers 2023 Revealed!
On this page, we shall reveal Chemistry JAMB Questions and Answers 2023 for all candidates taking the Chemistry paper.
How lucky you are to stumble upon this important page!
The questions are genuine and the answers are accurate, and all are a product of our passion to see you excel in your JAMB and gain admission at last.
In the following sections, you will read the Chemistry questions you are to expect in your 2023 JAMB exam as well as their answers. You can use the comments section if you still need clarification over some of the questions. We will give you a more detailed explanation.
JAMB is a very serious examination. You will answer 40 questions in JAMB Chemistry 2023 within 26 minutes. So it’s important that you pay attention to the information revealed on this page.
Read Also: JAMB Questions and Answers 2023 for All Subjects
Chemistry JAMB Questions and Answers 2023 [Numbers 1 – 10]
1. Which of the following is a mixture?
A. Sodium chloride
B. Sea water
C. Iron filings
D. Granulated sugar
2. Two elements, X and Y, have atomic numbers 8 and 13 respectively. The formula for the possible compound found between X and Y is
A. Y2X3 B. XY2
C. X3Y2 D. X2Y3
3. 3 g of a mixture of CaO and CaCO3 was heated to a constant mass. If 0.44 g of CO2 was liberated, calculate the percentage of CaO in the mixture.
A. 33.3% B. 50%
C. 66.67% D. 25%
4. An alkanoic acid has a molecular mass of 88. Its molecular formula is
A. C4H9COOH B. C5H11COOH
C. C3H5COOH D. C3H7COOH
5. If the rate of diffusion of oxygen is taken as 1cm3s-1, what will be the rate of diffusion of methane whose relative molecular mass is 16?
A. 2.0 B. 1.8
C. 1.4 D. 1.0
6. An increase in temperature causes an increase in the pressure of a gas in a fixed volume due to an increase in the
A. Number of molecules of the gas
B. Density of the gas molecules
C. Number of collisions between the gas molecules
D. Number of collisions between the gas molecules and the walls of the container
7. In electrolysis, the chemical reaction which takes place at the anode is
A. dissociation B. hydrolysis
C. oxidation D. reduction
8. In the electrolysis of brine, it is essential to prevent the mixing of the products because
A. sodium and chlorine readily combine
B. chlorine gives a green coloration
C. chlorine readily recombines with sodium hydroxide
D. sodium hydroxide forms a carbonate in the presence of air and chlorine
9. In what way is equilibrium constant for the forward reaction related to that of the reverse reaction?
A. The two equilibrium constants are identical
B. The product of the two is always greater than one
C. The product of the two is expected to be one
D. The addition of the two is expected to be one
10. When chlorine water is exposed to sunlight, the gas evolved is
A. Cl2 B. O2
C. HCl D. CO2
Answers to Chemistry Question Number 1 – 10
1.B 2.A 3.C 4.D 5.C
6.D 7.C 8.D 9.C 10.B
Chemistry JAMB Questions and Answers 2023 [Numbers 11 – 20]
11. Two immiscible liquids with different boiling points can be separated by
A. the use of separating funnel
12. A mixture of CaCl2 and CaCO3 in water can be separated by
A. evaporation B. sublimation
C. distillation D. decantation
13. Consider the reaction represented by
xPb(NO3)2 → 2PbO + yNO2 + zO2
What are the values of x, y and z respectively?
A. 2, 6, 3 B. 1, 4, 2
C. 2, 4, 1 D. 2, 4, 2
14. 20 cm3 of H2 mixed and separated with 100 cm3 of air containing 21% O2. Calculate the volume of the residual gases at 110 °C.
A. 31 cm3 B. 11 cm3
C. 90 cm3 D. 110 cm3
15. What is responsible for metallic bonding?
A. Sharing of electrons between the metal atoms
B. Attraction between the atomic nuclei and the cloud of electrons
C. Transfer of electrons from one atom to another
D. Attraction between positive and negative ions
16. 25 cm3 of 1.5 M solution of NaCl are added to 50 cm3 0f 3 M NaCl. The molar concentration of the resulting solution is
A. 2.5 M B. 3 M
C. 2.25 M D. 4.5 M
17. A solution of salt formed from HCl and NH3 solutions is
A. acidic B. basic
C. complex D. neutral
18. Which of the following elements will burn in excess oxygen to form a product that is neutral to litmus?
A. Carbon B. Hydrogen
C. Sulphur D. Sodium
19. A current was passed for 10 mins and 0.2 mole of Cu was deposited. How many grammes of Ag will it deposit? (Cu = 64, Ag = 108)
A. 43.2g B. 21.6g
C. 10.8g D. 5.4g
20. Pollution of underground water by metal ions is very likely in a soil that has high
C. chloride content
D. nitrate content
Answers to Chemistry Question Number 11 – 20
11.A 12.D 13.C 14.D 15.B
16.A 17.A 18.B 19.A 20.D
Chemistry JAMB Questions and Answers 2023 [Numbers 21 – 30]
21. The presence of NaCl in ice will
A. lower the boiling point of NaCl
B. increase the melting point of NaCl
C. make NaCl impure
d. lower the melting point of ice
22. What are the values of x, y and z in the equation below?
xNH3 + yO2 → zNO + 6H2O
A. 2, 3, 4 B. 4, 5, 4
C. 6, 5, 4 D. 2, 3, 4
23. Calculate the volume of CO2 measured at s.t.p produced on heating 250g of potassium hydrogen trioxocarbonate(IV) strongly. (K = 39, H = 1, C = 12, O = 16)
A. 28 dm3 B. 2.8 dm3
C. 5.6 dm3 D. 11.2 dm3
24. The boiling points of water, ethanol, methylbenzene and butan-2-ol are 373.0K, 351.3K, 383.6K and 372.5K respectively. Which liquid has the highest vapour pressure at 323.0K?
A. Water B. Methylbenzene
C. Ethanol D. Butan-2-ol
25. The conclusion from Rutherford’s alpha-scattering experiment is that
A. Atoms are mostly empty space with a small nucleus
B. Emissions from radioactive substances consist of three main components
C. There is a nuclear pull on orbital electrons
D. Electrons are deflected by both magnetic and electric fields
26. Elements P, Q and R have atomic numbers 9, 16 and 20 respectively. Which of them would gain electron(s) during ionic bonding?
A. Q and R B. P and R
C. P and Q D. P, Q and R
27. Which of the following has the lowest pH?
A. 5cm3 of M/10 HCl
B. 10cm3 of M/10 HCl
C. 20cm3 of M/8 HCl
D. 15cm3 of M/2 HCl
28. Which of the following is an acid salt?
A. (NH4)2CO3 B. CHCOONa
C. KHSO4 D. MgSO4.7H2O
29. CrO2-7 + 14H+ + 6I → 2Cr3+ + 3I2 + 7H2O
The change in the oxidation number of oxygen in the equation above is
A. 0 B. 1
C. 2 D. 7
30. During the electrolysis of CuSO4 solution using Platinum electrodes, which of the following occurs?
A. Acidity increases at the cathode
B. Oxygen is liberated at the cathode
C. pH decreases at the cathode
D. pH of solution decreases
Answers to Chemistry Question Number 21 – 30
21.D 22.B 23.A 24.C 25.A
26.C 27.D 28.C 29.A 30.D
Chemistry JAMB Questions and Answers 2023 [Numbers 31 – 40]
31. Crystallization is a better method of separation than precipitation because
A. precipitation tends to bring other solutes out of solution
B. crystallization is applicable to all solids
C. precipitation always involves salting-out
D. crystallization can only be done at high temperatures
32. Which of the following is not a chemical change?
A. burning of magnesium
B. rusting of iron
C. action of water on potassium
D. dissolving powdered sulfur in carbon disulfide
33. An important ore of iron contains 72.36% iron and 27.64% oxygen. Determine its empirical formula
A. FeO B. Fe2O3
C. Fe3O4 D. Fe2O2
34. Which of the following decreases when a given mass of gas is compressed to half its initial volume?
A. average intermolecular distance
B. frequency of collision
C. number of molecules present
D. atomic radius of each particle
35. The densities of two gases X and Y are 2.5gdm-3 and 10.0gdm-3 respectively. What is the rate of diffusion of X relative to Y?
A. 1:2.5 B. 2.5:1
C. 1:2 D. 2:1
36. The properties of elements are periodic functions of their
A. atomic number B. atomic radius
C. atomic volume D. mass number
37. Which of the following solutions containing only hydroxyl ions will liberate hydrogen gas when reacted with Mg metals?
A. 1.0×10-5moldm-3 B. 1.0×10-13moldm-3
C. 1.0×10-3moldm-3 D. 1.0×10-2moldm-3
38. In the redox reaction
2Fe2+ + Cl2 → 2Fe3+ + 2Cl–
A. Cl2 is reduced because it has lost electrons
B. Cl2 is reduced because its oxidation number has decreased
C. Fe2+ is reduced because it has lost electrons
D. Fe2+ is reduced because it has gained electrons
39. During electrolysis of molten sodium chloride,
A. chlorine atom gains an electron
B. chloride ion gains an electron
C. chloride ion is oxidized
D. sodium ion is oxidized
40. Coffee stains are removed with
A. turpentine B. ammonia
C. borax in water D. kerosene
Answers to Chemistry Question Number 31 – 40
31.A 32.D 33.A 34.A 35.D
36.A 37.B 38.B 39.C 40.C
Read Also: 20 JAMB Most Repeated Topics in Chemistry Exams 2023
So here you have the 40 Chemistry Questions you can expect in your 2023 JAMB examination. Read them again and again. Ensure that you get very familiar with each of them such that you can readily recognize them any time.
Remember that you can ask for more detailed explanation to any of the above questions in case you don’t fully understand it. Don’t be shy, just scroll down and use the comments section. Drop your questions and expect comprehensive answers as soon as possible.
More so, you can help us to reach others with this post by sharing it with friends on Social Media. Just scroll down to see the Facebook and Twitter and WhatsApp buttons. Thank you so much!
See you on the next article.
Read Also: JAMB Result Checker Portal Login 2023 | Check JAMB Result
Still Got a Question? Drop Your Question Right HERE 👇👇 and click on Search. Get an Immediate Response...
Get in touch with us
Join our 2023 JAMB Tutorial Classes on WhatsApp or Telegram or Facebook
Like and Follow us on Facebook @SURE SUCCESS NG
Join our Aspirants Facebook Group @JAMB Tutorials & Updates
UNN Aspirants and Students, Join MY UNN DREAMS (MUD)
If this post was helpful to you, please help us to reach others by sharing with the buttons below!
Is this genuine? Because, I know that all candidates’ questions are not the same.
happy I met this before my exam o. kudos to you sir
Did it come out?
Is this true
Is this real and reliable ?
We need replies is this legit or not so we can get something else doing
Pls sir/ma is dis legit I don’t want to waste my time on it
is this questions legit
Haha tomorrow is my day.
why not practise the questions and hope for the best
can you please explain how you got 66.67% as %CaO in the mixture in question 3 of the chemistry JAMB question?
Is this wat is going to come abi wetin
is this true please
Am very interested
Is it legit
Is this true 🤔🤔
We’re the questions what you met?
Is this questions the correct ones and is it truly reliable
Were the questions correct?
Thanks for this questions and answers. They really helped