Every JAMB examination year, when the result is released, a handful of candidates score 300 and above; and the rest wonder how they possibly were able to achieve such a great feat. Such performance looks extraordinary and out-of-this-world simply because many do not know the secrets behind such outcomes. Today, we are here to reveal the secrets so that whosoever is willing can take advantage of them and come out tops in the forthcoming UTME exam.
Listen, what you do before the examination is a major factor that would determine what you will come out with and whether you would finally gain admission to study your dream course in that your dream institution. Many university aspirants do not really understand the role their JAMB scores play on their admission chances. For most school in Nigeria, the departmental cut-off marks are judged by determining the average of the candidates’ UTME and post-UTME scores. So you stand at a very good advantage if your JAMB score is really very high.
I’m sure you want to get a very high score in this examination – something above 300. If you do, I’d be glad to show you how. So just keep reading.
How to Score Above 300 in JAMB
1. Start your preparations early. This is the first and probably the most important advice any experienced person can offer a JAMBite. The UTME examination is more advanced and technical than what you had in your O’level. More so, it is very competitive as over 1.7 million candidates sit for it every and less than 45% of that number succeed in getting admission at the end of the year. It is only a commitment to early preparations, which will make for adequate preparation, that can guarantee a good understanding of the concepts and perfect memorization. Progress is gradual. If you don’t have ample time, you can’t make meaningful progress. You may just end up cramming stuffs into your brain only to be thrown off balance by JAMB’s technical questions. So start early enough and read both intensively and extensively.
2. Set up a workable timetable for yourself. Many will discourage you from doing this probably because they have tried it and failed to maintain it. But the necessity and benefits of having a personal study time table cannot be over-emphasized. Yes, it takes an awful lot of discipline to sustain but it is worth it. Have days and times for each of your four subjects. Do not engage friends during those times. Do not play games or watch football matches that fall into those times. Be religious about your study timetable. Read, read and read. Work hard on yourself and on your studies. Every thing in life has a price tag. Pay the price for that 320+ you want to score in JAMB this year and if you do, nothing shall stop you from attaining your desired score.
3. Make use of JAMB Syllabuses. This is where many candidates miss it and this is the reason why they perform below their own expectations. Many are not even aware that there is any such thing as JAMB syllabus in all subject. So they just buy JAMB form, tidy up their registrations and start reading (and many just read amiss). Please get this today. JAMB provides their syllabuses for all the subjects they test candidates on and it is very assuring to note that they do not go beyond their syllabus. No question from a topic that is not in the syllabus will greet you in the exam hall. It’s not possible. So the syllabus is a perfect tool (actually, one of the most important tools) to guide and help navigate your ship through the vast ocean of books. Don’t study with it. Strictly follow the syllabus. If you do, it will both save your precious time and for give you the assurance that you are really truly ready for the examination. You can view and download the current JAMB Syllabus through this link: Current JAMB Syllabus for all Subjects
4. Make use of textbooks recommended by JAMB. Many do not know that there’re such things as JAMB Recommended Textbooks. So they just read any Senior Secondary Textbook they could lay their hands on and think they are all the same. JAMB, in their wisdom and based on the coverage of their syllabuses, recommends textbooks to enable the candidates grab the required information or knowledge to excel in the UTME examination. So it is akin to foolishness for any serious candidate who has admission as a goal not to make us of recommended textbooks. You can access the recommended textbooks through this link: Recommended Textbooks for JAMB UTME: All Subjects. Otherwise, just go to the syllabuses. At the very end of each Syllabus, you may find a list of textbooks that will be useful for you! And JAMB provides open access to the textbooks. Remember that you don’t have much time to prepare for JAMB and like I said earlier, the best way to conserve your time and prepare adequately is to take advantage of the resources provided by JAMB itself.
5. Study past question papers. One of the secrets to passing any examination (whether external or internal) is to discover how the examiner sets his questions and the only way to find that out is to procure the question papers from the previous years. Good enough, JAMB Past Questions are readily available from inception till date, and it may interest you to know that majority of the questions set by JAMB in recent years are just a repetition of questions they’ve set in the past. So get the past questions and use them to study your subject. They are very good tools for practice and would help you to evaluate and assess your progress from time to time. To get up-to-date JAMB Past Questions in all Subjects, follow this link: Updated JAMB Past Questions in all Subjects.
6. Attend UTME coaching. There’s so much to learn from those who are more experienced than you are. With such people, there are certain mistakes you are shielded from and there are instructions, inputs and advice you will receive from them and everything will turn around for the better. It is a very viable idea to attend some UTME classes. For such an examination as UTME, when you are armed with, not only your knowledge, but with knowledge of other people – you become invincible. You will get better results, increased admission chances and meet other candidates of like passion who may eventually become your study partners. If you find the need, you can join our Online Coaching and Classes through this link: SSNG Online Academy.
7. Identify your weak points and work on improving them. Don’t be ashamed to admit that you are not very good at a topic or a subject. Accept that fact that you are weak in those areas and device strategies to improve. Work on your weak points. Try to develop personal interest in subjects you are too good at. Get closer to the teachers, become friends with those are already excelling in that area, devote more time and energy to studying those subjects. Now, while working to improve on your weakest points, do not fall into the trap of neglecting your strengths. Many make this mistake but you don’t have to. It is even much more easier to grow in the area of your strength. So, also keep working on those subjects you find relatively easier till you come to the point where you score 100% every time you take a practice test.
8. Seek Help! There are over 1.7 million other candidates preparing for this examination. So you are certainly not the only here. Find and connect with other people who are also preparing for the exam. People of like mind and passion. Work with them as a team, use the social media to connect yourselves regardless of how far apart you are geographically. Working as a team provides the necessary challenge and spur you on to work harder. This makes the preparation process significantly faster.
9. Practice more. The time available for JAMB preparation is, unfortunately, short. Your response to that should be more practice. If you are not computer literate, get a training on that and practice on the CBT mode. Learn your way around the environment and get ready for the main exam.
10. Pay attention to God-factor. Always bear in mind that the Almighty still rules in the affairs of men. Pursue a relationship your your maker and constantly pray towards the forthcoming UTME exams. Pray that no heart-breaking or unfortunate event will happen to you – you will not fall sick or miss your exam, your system will not misbehave and network will be favorable to you.
It’s still yours sincerely, Henry Divine.
Wishing you the very best.
Join Over 100,000 + Readers.
Get a free daily update via Email HERE
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on G+
COPYRIGHTS WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
All the contents on this website are posted with good intentions. If you own the content above & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email@example.com] to file a complaint and necessary actions will be taken immediately.