This post is for JAMB candidates who are preparing to sit for Physics in their UTME examination. So I’m going to share the JAMB Repeated Questions on Physics with you and tell you few things you need to know about JAMB repeated questions. But beyond showing you the JAMB most repeated questions in Physics, I will also give you the link to the entire JAMB Physics Past Questions and Answers PDF.
When I started receiving the question, “Does JAMB Repeat Past Questions?” on my various platforms, I made a post on this website where I authoritatively informed my readers that JAMB indeed repeats their past questions.
But when we think about Physics as a subject, we all acknowledge the fact that it is both vast and evolving. We know that JAMB can afford to set hundreds of new questions every year if they so wish.
However, JAMB repeats certain questions in Physics exams for reasons best known to them.
So I’m going to devote this post to showing you JAMB Most Repeated Questions in Physics. Of course, when you have insight into the questions JAMB repeats most, you will prepare better for them.
Table of Contents
Importance of Gaining Insight into the JAMB Repeated Questions on Physics
Gaining insight into the JAMB Repeated Questions on Physics is very essential for your success in the forthcoming 2024 exams.
This is because when you see the most repeated Physics questions, you can tell which topics they are coming from. When you know the topics, you can do justice to them using your JAMB Recommended Textbooks. This is one of the secrets to effective preparation for JAMB.
The JAMB most repeated Physics questions are also the likely questions for 2024. So if you are looking for JAMB likely questions on Physics for 2024 UTME, read the questions on this post carefully. If you do, you will thank me later.
The JAMB Repeated Questions on Physics and their Answers
I am going to give you the JAMB most repeated questions in Physics in groups of 10. For each group, I will provide the answers as a guide for the candidates who may wish to do their revision on this platform.
JAMB Repeated Questions on Physics (1 – 10)
1. The extension of a spring when 5g weight was hung from it was 0.56cm. If Hooke’s law is obeyed, what is the extension caused by a load of 20g weight?
A. 1.12cm B. 2.14cm
C. 2.52cm D. 2.24cm
2. The distance traveled by a particle starting from rest is plotted against the square of the time elapsed from the commencement of motion. The resulting graph is a measure of
A. initial displacement B. initial velocity
C. acceleration D. average velocity
3. A 90cm uniform lever has a load of 30N suspended at 15cm from one of its ends. If the fulcrum is at the center of gravity, the force that must be applied at its other end to keep it in horizontal equilibrium is
A. 15N B. 20N C. 30N D. 60N
4. Two points on a velocity-time graph have coordinates (5s, 10m/s) and (20s, 20m/s). Calculate the mean acceleration between the two points.
A. 0.67m/s2 B. 0.80m/s2
C. 1.50m/s2 D. 2.00m/s2
5. Which of the following statements are correct?
i. Land and sea breezes are natural convection
ii. The vacuum in a thermos flask prevents heat loss due to convection only
iii. Convection may occur in liquids or gases but not in solids
A. i and ii only B. ii and iii only
C. i and iii only D. i, ii and iii only
6. The property of the eye known as its power of accommodation is controlled by the
A. pupil B. vitreous humour
C. iris D. ciliary muscles
7. Under constant tension and constant mass per unit length, the note produced by a plucked string is 500Hz when the length of the wire is 0.9m. At what length is the frequency 150Hz?
A. 3m B. 0.27m
C. 8.33m D. 6740m
8. An object is placed in front of two plain mirrors inclined at an angle of θ°. If the total number of images formed is 7, find the value of θ°.
A. 30° B. 45° C. 51° D. 90°
9. The north pole of a magnet can never be separated from the south pole because of a property known as
A. magnetic dipole
B. magnetic moment
C. magnetic monopole
D. magnetic quadrupole
10. If the distance between two points charges is increased by a factor of four, the magnitude of electrostatic force between them will be
A. ½ of its initial value
B. ¼ of its initial value
C. 1/16 of its initial value
D. 4 times of its initial value
Answers to JAMB Most Repeated Questions in Physics (1 – 10)
1.D 2.C 3.B 4.C 5.C
6.D 7.A 8.B 9.A 10.C
JAMB Repeated Questions on Physics (11 – 20)
11. A car of mass 1500kg goes round a circular curve of radius 50m at a speed of 40m/s. The magnitude of centripetal force on the car is
A. 1.2 × 102N B. 1.2 × 103N
C. 4.8 × 103N D. 4.8 × 104N
12. The efficiency of a machine is always less than 100% because
A. load lifted is always greater than work input
B. load lifted is always greater than the applied effort
C. effort applied is always greater than mechanical advantage
D. velocity ratio is always greater than the mechanical advantage
13. Which of these statements is not true? Thermostats are used to control the temperature of
A. pressure cookers
B. laundry irons
C. hot water storage tanks
D. aquaria for tropical fish
14. A given mass of an ideal gas occupies a volume V at a temperature T and under a pressure P. If the pressure is increased to 2P and the temperature reduced to 1/2T, then the percentage change in volume of the gas is
A. 25% B. 75% C. 300% D. 1%
15. The thermometric property of a constant volume thermometer is
A. change in pressure
B. change in length
C. differential expansion
D. change in volume
16. The combination of sound waves with different frequencies is known as
A. interference B. diffraction
C. superposition D. resonance
17. Which of the following characteristics of a wave is used in the measurement of the depth of the sea?
A. Refraction B. Reflection
C. Diffraction D. Interference
18. Which of the following eye defects can be corrected using a cylindrical lens?
C. Chromatic aberration
19. The resistance of a wire depends on
A. the length of the wire
B. the area of the wire
C. the temperature of the wire
D. all of the above
20. A dynamo primarily converts
A. mechanical energy into electrical energy
B. electrical energy into kinetic energy
C. potential energy into kinetic energy
D. kinetic energy into potential energy
Answers to JAMB Most Repeated Questions in Physics (11 – 20)
11.D 12.D 13.C 14.A 15.A
16.C 17.B 18.A 19.D 20.A
JAMB Repeated Questions on Physics (21 – 30)
21. The resistance of a piece of wire of length 20 cm and cross-sectional area 8 x 105 m2 and resistivity 4 x 10-7 Ωm is
A. 1.0 Ω B. 10.0 Ω
C. 400.0 Ω D. 1.0 × 10-13 Ω
22. A hydrometer is an instrument used for measuring the
A. depth of water in a vessel
B. relative density of a liquid by method of flotation
C. relative density of a liquid by finding the apparent loss in weight
D. relative humidity of the atmosphere
23. A bead traveling on a straight wire is brought to rest at 0.2 m by friction. If the mass of the bead is 0.01 kg and the coefficient of friction between the bead and the wire is 0.1, determine the work done by friction.
A. 2 × 10-4 J B. 2 × 10-3 J
C. 2 × 101 J D. 2 × 102 J
24. A machine whose efficiency is 60% has a velocity ratio of 5. If a force of 500N is applied to lift a load of P(N), what is the magnitude of P?
A. 750N B. 4166N
C. 500N D. 1500N
25. A mass of gas at 7°C and 70cm of mercury has a volume of 1200cm3. Determine its volume at 27°C and a pressure at 75cm of mercury.
A. 1200cm3 B. 1378cm3
C. 4320cm3 D. 4629cm3
26. A motor tyre is inflated to a pressure of 2.0 ×105 Nm-2 when the temperature of air is 27°C. What will be the pressure at 87°C assuming the volume does not change?
A. 2.6 ×10-5Nm-2 B. 2.4 ×10-5Nm-2
C. 2.2 ×10-5Nm-2 D. 1.3 ×10-5Nm-2
27. A beam of light is incident from air to water at an angle of 30°. Find the angle of refraction if the refractive index of water is 4/3.
A. 15° B. 18° C. 22° D. 240°
28. The wavelength of signal from a radio transmitter is 1500m and the frequency is 200KHz. What is the velocity of the propagation?
A. 3 ×108ms-2 B. 7 ×103ms-2
C. 3 ×104ms-2 D. 7ms-2
29. A boy on looking into a mirror discovers that his face appeared to have grown bigger. The boy must have been looking at a
A. convex mirror with his face at the focus
B. concave mirror with his face between the focus and the mirror
C. convex mirror with his face between the focus and the mirror
D. concave mirror with his face at the focus
30. Find the frequencies of the first three harmonics of a piano string of length 1.5m, if the velocity of the string is 120m/s.
A. 40Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz
B. 180Hz, 360Hz, 540Hz
C. 80Hz, 160Hz, 240Hz
D. 360Hz, 180Hz, 90Hz
Answers to JAMB Most Repeated Questions in Physics (21 – 30)
21.D 22.B 23.B 24.D 25.A
26.B 27.C 28.A 29.B 30.A
JAMB Repeated Questions on Physics (31 – 40)
31. Two forces whose resultant is 100N are at right angles to each other. If one of them makes an angle of 30° with the resultant, find the magnitude of the other force.
A. 8.66N B. 86.6N C. 50.0N D. 5.0N
32. A body of weight W N rests on a smooth plane inclined at an angle θ° to the horizontal. The component of the weight down the slope is
A. Wsinθ B. Wcosθ C. Wtanθ D. Wsecθ
33. A body of mass 100g moves with a velocity of 10.0ms-1 and collides with a wall. After the collision, the body moves with a velocity of 2.0ms-1 in the opposite direction. The change in momentum is
A. 8.0Ns B. 1.2Ns C. 12.0Ns D. 80Ns
34. A 12V battery supplying a current of 20A was used to melt 1.5kg of ice at 0°C. Calculate the time required if the latent heat of fusion of ice is 336×103J/Kg.
A. 35.0min B. 3.5min
C. 76min D. 21.0min
35. The light from the sun reaches the earth mainly by
A. convection B. conduction
C. radiation D. reflection
36. One valid assumption of the kinetic theory of gases is that
A. the molecules are in random motion and the number of collisions is constant
B. the number of molecules increases with the pressure
C. the molecules of the gas are all identical and are very small in size
D. the number of molecules increases with temperature
37. An astronomical telescope is said to be in normal adjustment when the
A. eye is accommodated
B. focal length of objective lens is longer than that of the eye piece
C. final image is at the near point of the eye
D. final image is at infinity
38. Dispersion of light by a glass prism is due to the
A. different hidden colours of the glass
B. different speeds of the various colours in glass
C. defects in the glass
D. high density of glass
39. A guitar string of length 33cm is under a tension of 55N. If the fundamental frequency is 196Hz, find the speed of wave on string.
A. 6m/s B. 0.33m/s
C. 129m/s D. 726m/s
40. A transformer has 400 turns as its primary winding and 100 turns as secondary winding. If the primary coil is connected to a 12V source, the transformer functions as
A. a step down transformer with secondary emf = 6V
B. a step down transformer with secondary emf = 3V
C. a step up transformer with secondary emf = 24V
D. a step up transformer with secondary emf = 48V
Answers to JAMB Most Repeated Questions in Physics (31 – 40)
31.C 32.A 33.B 34.A 35.C
36.C 37.D 38.B 39.C 40.B
JAMB Most Repeated Questions in Physics (41 – 50)
41. The function of the manganese (IV) oxide in a leclanché cell is to
A. decrease the emf of the cell
B. prevent local action in the cell
C. prevent polarization of the cell
D. increase the density of the electrolyte
42. How long does it take a 750 W heater operating at full rating to raise the temperature of 1 kg of water from 40oC to 70oC? (Take the specific heat capacity of water as 4200 Jkg-1K-1 and neglect heat losses.)
A. 84 s B. 168 s
C. 112 s D. 280 s
43. The main reason why rice cooks faster in a pressure cooker than in cooking pot is that
A. less heat escapes from the cooker
B. the vapour pressure in the cooker is constant
C. the vapour pressure of the cooker decreases
D. the boiling point of water in the cooker is raised
44. The fundamental frequency of vibration of a sonometer wire may be halved by
A. doubling the length of the wire
B. doubling the mass of the wire
C. reducing the tension by half
D. reducing the absolute temperature by half
45. A column of air 10.0 cm long is trapped in a tube at 27oC. What is the length of the column at 100oC?
A. 12.4 cm B. 13.7 cm
C. 18.5 cm D. 37.0 cm
46. Which of the following electromagnetic waves has the shortest wavelength?
A. radio waves B. X-rays
C. infrared D. ultraviolet
47. Which of the following is NOT conserved in an inelastic collision?
A. momentum B. mass
C. kinetic energy D. total energy
48. A series RLC circuit has a resistance of 50.0Ω, a capacitance of 6.00 nF, and an inductance of 28.0 mH. The circuit is connected to a wide-range, adjustable frequency voltage source with an output of 25.0 V. What is the resonance frequency of the circuit?
A. 12.3 KHz B. 12.3 Hz
C. 12.3 mHz D. 12.3 μHz
49. The area under a force-distance graph represents
A. acceleration B. velocity
C. work D. momentum
50. Determine the inductive reactance when a 30.0mH inductor with negligible resistance is connected to a 1.3KHz oscillator
A. 39.0Ω B. 122.5Ω
C. 245.0Ω D. 39KΩ
Read Also: JAMB Past Questions and Answers PDF
Answers to JAMB Most Repeated Questions in Physics (41 – 50)
41.C 42.B 43.D 44.A 45.A
46.B 47.C 48.A 49.C 50.C
How to Pass JAMB Physics Questions in 2024
If Physics is one of your four JAMB Subject Combination, then your goal must be to get a high score in the subject.
And to pass JAMB Physics with a high score, you must study hard in preparation for the examination. This entails getting the Official JAMB Syllabus for Physics. You will also need to get one or two of the JAMB Recommended Textbooks for Physics and the Past Questions and Answers PDF.
Here’s one JAMB success secret you must never joke with…
Over 40% of the Physics questions you will see in the JAMB CBT exam hall will be repeated from the past questions.
So it’s very important that you get a good JAMB past questions and answers on Physics. By good past questions and answers I mean the one with a complete coverage of the past questions. It should start from the inception of JAMB exams till date. It must also have error-proof and comprehensive answers.
When you get these important JAMB preparatory tools, the next thing is to make out time for actual study. You can create a workable study time table for yourself and follow it religiously. Guided by the syllabus, read your textbooks and practice the past questions over and over.
Then pray for the best outing on your exam day.
Here is where we come to the end of this post on the JAMB Repeated Questions on Physics.
Adequate preparation is key to success. So do your best to go over these questions again and again till you master them.
Also let me know your thoughts via the comments section. Just scroll down to drop a comment.
See you on the next article.
Still Got a Question? Drop Your Question Right HERE 👇👇 and click on Search. Get an Immediate Response...
Get in touch with us
Like and Follow us on Facebook @SURE SUCCESS NG
Join our Aspirants Facebook Group @JAMB Tutorials & Updates
UNN Aspirants and Students, Join MY UNN DREAMS (MUD)
If this post was helpful to you, please help us to reach others by sharing with the buttons below!