This post is about the most repeated topics in JAMB English. It is part of my JAMB Preparatory Series geared towards helping UTME candidates get their dream score in JAMB English exam. So here, I’m going to help you understand what JAMB most repeated topics in English are all about. I will also tell you the importance of knowing and studying the most repeated topics very well. Thereafter, I will give you the full list of the most repeated topics in JAMB English to facilitate your preparation.
Table of Contents
What Are the Most Repeated Topics in JAMB English?
The most repeated topics in JAMB English are those topics in the English syllabus that JAMB sets questions from every year. They are the topics in English that JAMB seems to consider very essential. They are the bedrock, core or foundation of English. So JAMB examiners cannot finish setting English questions in a year without picking one or two from each of those topics.
Now that’s what this post is all about — to give you insight into those very essential English topics.
Importance of Knowing and Studying the Most Repeated Topics in JAMB English
There are two key examinations students take prior to their admission into tertiary institutions. One is the Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) while the other is the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
Out of the two exams, candidates fear the UTME more. Some of the reasons for this fear may be…
1. The exam is on CBT mode.
2. The syllabuses are rather vast.
3. Time for preparation is always too short.
4. The questions are technical and a bit advanced.
5. It is UTME that largely determines whether a candidate would gain admission or not.
6. And so on…
Considering points number 2 and 3 above, we see why candidates need to know the JAMB most repeated topics in all their subjects.
Reasons Why Candidates Need to Know the Most Repeated Topics in JAMB English
Candidates need to know the most repeated topics in JAMB English for the following reasons…
1. Knowledge of the most repeated topics in JAMB English will give the candidate an idea of the topics UTME questions are likely to come from in the current year as far as English is concerned.
2. That would enable the candidate to pay more attention to the English topics that JAMB examiners are really interested in.
3. Focusing on and reading the most repeated topics in JAMB English will save the candidate’s limited time and also boost his confidence towards the exam.
4. A thorough study of JAMB most repeated topics in English increases a candidate’s chance of scoring above 70% in the English paper. And so on.
I cannot overemphasize the need for every science student preparing for UTME to know the JAMB most repeated topics in English and study them back to back.
In the following section, I will give you the full list of the most repeated topics in JAMB English. Make a note of these topics and begin to study them extensively as you prepare for the forthcoming exam.
List of the Most Repeated Topics in JAMB English
The following are the most repeated English topics in JAMB…
Questions on the passages will test the following:
(a) Comprehension of the whole or part of each passage.
(b) Comprehension of words, phrases, clauses, sentences, figures of speech and idioms as used in the passages.
(c) Coherence and logical reasoning (deductions, inferences, etc).
(d) Understanding of the Novels
(e) Synthesis of ideas from the passages.
Read Also: Latest JAMB Brochure for all Institutions
2. Lexis and Structure
(d) clause and sentence patterns
(e) word classes and their functions
(f) mood, tense, aspect, number, agreement/concord, degree (positive, comparative and superlative) and question tags
(g) punctuation and spelling
(h) ordinary usage, figurative usage and idiomatic usage are to be tested.
3. Oral Forms
Will test candidates on the following:
(a) Vowels (monophthongs and diphthongs)
(b) Consonants (including clusters)
(c) Rhymes (including homophones)
(d) Word stress (monosyllabic and polysyllabic)
(e) Intonation (words emphatic stress)
How to Study the Most Repeated Topics in JAMB English in 2024
The first secret to getting a very high score in JAMB English is setting a very high target for yourself with respect to English paper. For example, you can target scoring 80+ over 100 in your English. You can also do same for your remaining three subjects. If you do, you will end up targeting 320+ over 400.
When you make up your mind to get a very high score in English, you need to begin to work towards it right away.
To score 80+ in English, you must study hard in preparation for your English paper. Of course, this would entail getting the Official JAMB English Syllabus. You will also need to get one or two of the JAMB Recommended Textbooks for English and the Past Questions and Answers PDF.
You see, there are several information that if a JAMB candidate accesses, they will automatically have an edge over others. But here are 7 important JAMB success secrets you must never joke with…
7 Secrets to Passing Your JAMB English Paper in 2024
- Target scoring high your JAMB exam, dare to dream big.
- Break down that target and spread it among your four JAMB subjects. In other words, also target scoring high in your English paper.
- Everything in life has a price tag and that high score you desire to get in English is not an exception. Therefore, there is a price you must pay to get it. That price is hard work and unflinching dedication to your studies.
- Don’t just read aimlessly, be smart and intentional while you study. Check out the JAMB most repeated topics in English, use the JAMB recommended textbooks and devour them.
- Come to terms with the fact that over 40% of the questions you will see on your English paper will be repeated from the past questions.
- So it’s very important that you get a good JAMB English past questions and answers. By good past questions and answers, I mean the one with a complete coverage of the past questions. It should start from the inception of JAMB exams till date. It must also have error-proof and comprehensive answers.
- Study extensively and pray for the best outing on your exam day.
Here is where we come to the end of this post on the Most Repeated Topics in JAMB English. I sincerely trust that it satisfies your search intent. I remain committed to furnishing you with so much educational resources that JAMB exam would literally become a walkover for you.
Always remember that adequate preparation is key to academic success. So you must do your best to go over these topics again and again till you master them.
Also let me know your thoughts via the comments section. Just scroll down to drop a comment. I’d be glad to read from you.
See you on the next article.
Still Got a Question? Drop Your Question Right HERE 👇👇 and click on Search. Get an Immediate Response...
Get in touch with us
Like and Follow us on Facebook @SURE SUCCESS NG
Join our Aspirants Facebook Group @JAMB Tutorials & Updates
UNN Aspirants and Students, Join MY UNN DREAMS (MUD)
If this post was helpful to you, please help us to reach others by sharing with the buttons below!