How to Write Letter of Undertaking for Student University Admission
Today, we are going to learn about Letter of Undertaking – what it is, the need for it, how to write it and who can write it.
Generally speaking, a letter of undertaking (LOU) is a letter of assurance written by one party to another party to show an intention, a promise or a pledge to fulfill the obligation that had been previously agreed on.
So, letters of undertaking always have to do with prior or previous agreement and is normally employed in the day-to-day transactions between parties. Normally, one party does it to prevent incurring loss. A good example is a situation where some students destroy school properties in the course of a demonstration, the school management requires the students to write a letter of undertaking, showing that they will not do such wrongful act again and also stating the alternative consequences in case of default.
In Nigeria, students who are newly admitted into universities, polytechnics, colleges of education and secondary schools are required to write a letter of undertaking and submit as part of the documents required for clearance.
Who can / should Write a Letter of Undertaking?
Letter of Undertaking for students university admission can be written by:
- Your Parents
- Your Spiritual leader (Rev. Father or pastor)
- Your Traditional leader
- An Attorney
HOW TO WRITE A LETTER OF UNDERTAKING
The following should be noted and should serve as a guide to the format of the letter.
- Letter of undertaking is a kind of formal letter and like every other formal letter, it must contain the date, your address and that of the school, salutation and heading.
- The letter must also contain an introduction which should show clearly if the letter is written by a solicitor or by the person in need. State briefly the purpose of writing also. For example: I am Henry Divine, a newly or provisionally admitted student of Biochemistry, UNN. I write in respect of the above subject.
- You then proceed into the body of the letter, where you state your intentions.
- Add a complementary close; Yours faithfully and sign before you put your full names.
- Lastly, as you would do to any official document, cross-check to ensure that your letter aligns with your intentions.
- Before you submit, make photocopies and keep one or two for future use. Or convert your Letter of Undertaking to PDF format and save in your gmail (email) account.
Below is a sample of A Letter of Undertaking
Once again, congratulation on your well-deserved admission.
for the following also found this page useful:
sample of undertaking letter format, sample letter of undertaking responsibility, undertaking letter for company
undertaking letter from employee, sample letter of undertaking for payment of loan, how to write letter of undertaking of good conduct, how to write letter of undertaking for secondary school, sample letter of undertaking to be a good student next term in a secondary school, how to write undertaking letter for student union government (SUG), letter of undertaking template, letter of undertaking to school principal, sample of undertaking letter format
undertaking letter format for school admission, letter of undertaking for payment, letter of undertaking for loan
unn school address for writing a letter undertaking, letter format for school admission, how to write letter of undertaking for secondary school, letter of undertaking for secondary school, senior secondary school letter of undertaking, write a letter of undertaking by a student that will enter jss1, attestation letter for student admission pdf
a sample of letter of undertaking, sample of letter of undertaking for school admission, attestation letter for student admission, samples of ican letter of attestation, samples of ican letter of recommendation, samples of ican letter of undertaking.