University of Ilorin, UNILORIN dress code for male and female students of the institution. See the acceptable modes of dressing in the university.
This is to remind all students of UNILORIN that there is a DRESS CODE put in place by the University. And the university expects all students to strictly observe this dress code at all times.
The University is determined to continue to impact positively on its students not only intellectually but also morally. This is in pursuit of its commitment to the development of TOTAL MAN. To this end, it will award its degrees to only deserving students who have been found worthy not only in learning but also in character. Students are therefore strongly advised to exhibit good behaviour and dress decently at all times.
Table of Contents
UNILORIN Dress Code for Male Students
Male students of UNILORIN should note the following.
- The hair should be neat and well combed at all time.
- The hair should not be coloured (except it is natural colour).
- Curled hair is not acceptable.
- The hair should be well kept and groomed always.
- The haircuts should not carry inscriptions.
- Artificial dread locks, plaiting, weaving or braiding of hair are not acceptable.
- Beards must be well kept.
UNILORIN Dress Code for Female Students
Female students of UNILORIN should note the following.
- Weaving, plaiting, braiding, fixing and wigs are acceptable.
- Hair extensions with colours such as; Blue, Green, White, Yellow, Red, Pink, and Purple or a combination of any of these colours are not acceptable.
- Hair must be neatly packed and weaved.
- The hairstyle should not carry inscriptions.
- All wears must be below the knee level.
- Pencil trousers are allowed but must be complemented with tops that cover the butt line.
- All traditional and corporate wears that do not reveal sensitive parts of the body are acceptable.
The mode of dressing of a student speaks volumes about him or her. In other words, one’s appearance influences people’s perception of one’s person. Students should, therefore, always dress responsibly to command respect. All students must refrain from wearing INDECENT CLOTHINGS if they must be accorded respect and protect their dignity.
EVERY STUDENT MUST HANG STUDENT I.D. CARD ON HIS / HER NECK
Unacceptable Wears in UNILORIN
Note that the following constitute inappropriate mode of dressing. These dress modes will not be tolerated in the University environment. (including Lecture Halls, Library, Laboratories, Examination Venues, Seminar Rooms, Faculties and Administrative building as well as in University Vehicles).
- Dress that exposes any sensitive parts of the body e.g. cleavage, chest, back, navel, thigh and armpit.
- Clothes that reveal the armpits when hands are raised e.g. sleeveless/half sleeves.
- Tight fitting wears.
- Transparent/See Through Wears.
- Tattered Jeans/Ripped Jeans.
- T-shirts with obscene inscriptions, depicting immorality, hooliganism, etc.
- Indelible markings and body tattoos by male students.
- Leggings/Jeggings trousers with shorttop.
- Skimpy dresses e.g. Spaghetti, Camisole only, body hugs, topless blouse and shorts.
- Bathroom slippers not acceptable within the administrative and academic areas.
- Heavy make-ups.
- Sagging trousers.
- Wearing of earrings by male students.
- Rumpled and dirty clothes.
- Skin/ear piercing by male students.
- Dread, Galax, Fadeout and Rough Coil Haircuts, Unkempt Appearance.
- Hair plaiting or weaving by male students.
Some Faculties and Departments have their own Dress Codes for their students. Students in such Faculties or Departments are to comply fully with such Codes.
THE WAY YOU DRESS DETERMINES THE WAY YOU ARE ADDRESSED.
This dress codes are for UNILORIN students. However, students from other schools can adopt them. Actually, they should adopt them.
Nigerian youths, let’s go back to our moral norms. Let’s go back to our culture. Let’s begin to cover our sensitive and private parts again. Together, we can restore moral sanity in our society. We can stop the sexual harassment and violence which are becoming the new normal in our society. Yes, we can!
May God bless us.
Still Got a Question? Drop Your Question Right HERE 👇👇 and click on Search. Get an Immediate Response...
Get in touch with us
Join our 2023 JAMB Tutorial Classes on WhatsApp or Telegram or Facebook
Like and Follow us on Facebook @SURE SUCCESS NG
Join our Aspirants Facebook Group @JAMB Tutorials & Updates
UNN Aspirants and Students, Join MY UNN DREAMS (MUD)
If this post was helpful to you, please help us to reach others by sharing with the buttons below!