JAMB CHANGE OF COURSE / INSTITUTION BEGINS
If your UTME score doesn’t meet up in your chosen course or institution, you may need to change the preferred course and/or institution so as not to waste the year.
Just as it’s done yearly, candidates who sat for the recently concluded 2019 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) can change their course and institution of choice now that the examinations have been concluded.The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) website has ‘Post-Registration e-Facilities’ designed to address issues arising after registration and examinations. These issues are discussed below.Read Also: Reasons Why Candidates Lose Admission from JAMB Online Application to Post-UTME Screening Examination
Issues Addressed on JAMB’s Post-Registration e-Facilities
- Poor UTME Result: Most institutions have minimum scores for particular courses. These scores may be lower than what is required for other courses in the same institution or another. So if your scores don’t meet up in the chosen course or institution, you may need to change the preferred course and/or institution so as not to waste the year.
- Poor/Insufficient O’level results: All courses require candidates to pass certain O-level subjects to qualify. For example, Chemistry is important to students hoping to study certain courses but is not needed for others. Where a candidate has good UTME score but fails a subject required for a chosen course of study, it is wise to change the course to one whose compulsory subjects he/she has passed at O-level.
- High tuition/acceptance fee: Some students find out that fees required of them in chosen institutions are too much and are face with the option of losing another year or paying the fees. A third option is to change the institution.
- Registration Errors: It is very common for students to make mistakes during registration which become problems later. Some students pick institutions that do not offer the course they intend to study while some who registered through third parties may face a set of wrong options.
- Location: You might also consider a change of institution where geographical location is unfavourable, especially with regards to insecurity. A relocation of the family may cause a need to change institution.
Read Also: How You Can Gain Admission With Low JAMB Score If you have any of the above issues, here is how to change your institution/course:
- You can also correct your Bio-data which include your name, date of birth, gender, State and Local Government of origin.
- Before you proceed to do that, please make sure you do the following;
- Be sure of the Course/Institution you would like to make changes. Verify if the course is available in the school using the JAMB Brochure.
- Ensure verify that the school you are changing to does not usually have a cut off mark higher than your score.
- Ensure you select a Course/Institution that is in line with your subject combination to avoid being screened out during your school’s admission screening exercise.
- Process Flow:
- Step 1- Log into your jamb profile
- Step 2- open the menu tab on your jamb profile
- Step 3- Click Register, under register a drop box will appear showing UTME correction of data
- Step 4- Click it and follow the steps to pay either online or bank. You can make your payment online via JAMB portal. If you are having difficulties doing that, you can pay to the bank.
- Step 5- After paying N2500 at the bank plus additional bank charge of N100 naira, proceed to either the closest JAMB office or a JAMB accredited centre to complete the process. An additional fee will be charged for the service.
- Note: You can carry out all of the above process at an accredited centre.
Also note the following;
– You can change one or all your courses/institutions at the same time.
– Once the form is submitted, you can no longer make any changes again except for change of course and institution that can be done twice.
-There may be a limited number of schools or courses you can change to, so be sure to have 3 or 4 options, just in case the one you want to change to is not available.
– The cost for the change of course and Data correction is N2,500.
– You can use the one time payment of N2,500 to change your institution, course, name, date of birth, State and Local Government of origin.
For all the candidates who have the intention of doing JAMB change of course from one course to another within the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) and those who intend to change their institution of choice to UNN in order to reposition themselves and stand a better chance of getting admission this year, I want to also remind you that it is very important that you obtain a copy of SURE SUCCESS UNN Admission Preparatory Handbook. The book is widely acclaimed as the best, most complete and comprehensive UNN Admission Preparatory Handbook available. It is specially designed for you as it contains everything requisite for the actualization of your admission dreams.
The book features include:
- Live and Up-to-date UNN Post UTME and DE Screening Past Questions and Answers solved in the most practical and learning-friendly ways.
- Quick Subject Revision Aids/2019 Likely PUTME Questions.
- Winning Strategies For preparing for UNN post-UME and Direct Entry Screening Examinations.
- Time-proven UNN Admission Success Secrets/Tips.
- Powerful Keypoints and Summary of Notes on each Subject.
- An overview of the recommended Poems, Prose, Drama and Fiction for Literature candidates aspiring for Law, Mass Comm., English/Literary Studies and so on.
- Bonus Tips and Success Quotes.
- Prophetic Prayers for Admission Success.
TO FIND OUT WHERE AND HOW TO GET THE SURE SUCCESS UNN DIRECT ENTRY (DE)/POST-UTME PREPARATORY HANDBOOK (INCLUDING PAST QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS), CLICK HERE. For more answers to the questions you may have concerning UNN DE Admissions and detailed explanation of the admission procedures and requirements, Click Here.
Best wishes to you all…