This Post is about JAMB Change of Institution, JAMB Change of Course and JAMB Correction of Data 2023. So I will be showing you reasons why you may need to change your course or institution or both. Thereafter, I will show you how to go about it. In addition, you will learn the various data you can correct on JAMB Portal and what it takes to do so. Continue reading
JAMB Change of Institution, JAMB Change of Course and JAMB Correction of Data 2023
JAMB change of course and JAMB change of institution forms are normally available for candidates after the release of JAMB result. The form offers opportunity for candidates who, for one reason or the other, need to makes on their JAMB profile. Candidates can effect these changes either after JAMB registration or even after writing the UTME examination. However, there are cases where students who are already undergraduate students need to make changes on their JAMB profile. You will learn all you need to learn by the time I go into details on this post.
In addition to JAMB Change of Course/Institution, there is JAMB Correction of Data Form. JAMB makes this form available because they now realize that many candidates make mistakes during JAMB registration. Although in many cases, the fault may not be from the candidates but from the CBT center agents.
The data that candidates can correct after JAMB registration include:
- Date of birth
- Passport photograph
- State of origin
- Local Government Area
Of course, as I have already pointed out, JAMB candidates can also make changes to their choice of course and or Institution.
JAMB Change of Institution
JAMB Change of Institution is a process whereby candidates apply to change their original choice of institution to a new one. This may be due to one reason or the other.
One of the reasons why candidates decide to change their institution is poor JAMB result. Of course, we know that most institutions specify minimum scores for particular courses. These scores may be lower than what is required for the same courses in some other schools. So if a candidate’s JAMB score does not meet up in the chosen institution, they may need to change the institution in order not to waste one year.
More so, some candidate just register for JAMB without making sufficient inquiries. The inquiries may be about tuition fee, location of the institution or available courses. Later, such candidates may realize that the school fees is too much and they cannot afford it. Others realize that the location of the school is too far from their home or prone to insecurity. Still some other realize that the school does not even offer the course their course. So in order not to lose their admission, such candidates opt for JAMB change of institution form.
If you are interested, JAMB Change of Institution form will cost you ₦2,500 (Two thousand five hundred Naira). Candidates can do JAMB change of institution multiple times with separate payments. However, candidates must ensure that the new institution they wish to go for are yet to conclude their admission process for the year.
JAMB Change of Course
JAMB Change of Course is a process whereby candidates apply to change their original choice of course to a new one while maintaining the same institution. Again, this may be due to one reason or the other.
Poor JAMB result is also one of the reasons why candidates decide to change their course. Of course, we still remember that most institutions specify minimum scores for particular courses. These scores may be lower than what is required for some other courses in the same institution. So if a candidate’s JAMB score does not meet up in the initially chosen course, they may need to change the course in order not to waste one year.
Another reason why candidates may need to change their choice of course is insufficient O’level results. All courses require candidates to pass certain O’level subjects to qualify. For example, Chemistry is important to students hoping to study certain courses but is not needed for others. Where a candidate has a good JAMB score but fails an O’level subject required for a chosen course of study, it is wise to change the course to one they have credit passes in the compulsory subjects.
Furthermore, if your institution offers you admission into a course different from the one you applied for originally, you must apply for JAMB change of course.
So for candidates who wish to buy the JAMB Change of Course form, it goes for ₦2,500. You can do JAMB change of course multiple times with separate payments. However, you must ensure that the institution within which you are changing course is yet to conclude their admission process for the year.
JAMB Correction of Data
JAMB correction of data is a process whereby candidates apply to adjust or correct certain information on their JAMB profile. Most of the times, this need arises as a result of mistakes made during online registration. These mistakes may occur in name, date of birth, passport, gender or state/LGA of origin.
Name correction allows candidates who have spelling errors or errors in the arrangement of their names to apply for correction. However, this correction can only be done once.
Also, correction of date of birth, gender, photograph and LGA can only be done once.
This JAMB correction of data is open to two categories of people. They are:
- Undergraduate students
JAMB Correction of Data for JAMBites
JAMB correction of data for JAMBites is for candidates who registered for the recent JAMB examinations. So they can apply and correct any mistakes in their JAMB profile. However, this correction of data may not be done on mobile phones or at any random cyber cafe. Candidates must visit an accredited JAMB CBT center to apply for the corrections.
JAMB Correction of Data for Undergraduate Students
Undergraduate students are those who are currently in University, Polytechnic or college of Education. Where there is need, they can also apply for JAMB correction of data at the JAMB portal.
JAMB Correction of Data Deadline
It is very important that I make it clear here. JAMB does not issue a deadline for correction of data. But JAMBites can apply for JAMB correction of data after the release of their UTME result.
However, undergraduate students can apply for JAMB correction of data any time they wish to do so.
How to do JAMB Change of Institution/Course and Other Data Correction
We are gradually winding up this very informative article. But I cannot conclude without showing you how to go about everything I’ve discussed.
Remember that in one sweep, you can change your course/institution and your bio-data. That is, name, date of birth, gender, state and Local Government of origin.
So here are things you are to both ensure and verify before changing your course/institution or making data corrections…
- Be sure of the Course or Institution you want to change to. Verify if the course is available in the school using the JAMB Brochure.
- Also, verify that the school you are changing to does not usually have a cut off mark higher than your score.
- Ensure you select a Course/Institution that is in line with your subject combination to avoid being screened out during your school’s admission screening exercise.
How to do JAMB Change of Institution and Course and Other Data Correction
- Open the browsing app on your phone or PC.
- Go to JAMB portal at https://efacility.jamb.gov.ng/.
- Log into your JAMB Profile with your Email and Password.
- Open the menu tab on your JAMB Profile.
- Click on Registration (For 2022 only).
- Under registration, a drop-down menu will appear.
- From the drop-down menu, select ‘2022 UTME Data Correction’ or ‘2022 DE Data Correction’ as your case may be.
- Click it and follow the steps to pay either online or to a commercial bank.
- After paying N2500, proceed to a JAMB accredited center to complete the process. An additional fee will be charged for the service.
Note that you can carry out all of the above process at an accredited center.
How to do JAMB Change of Course & Institution / Data Correction for 2021 Downward
For 2021 and years below, follow the procedure below to change your data on JAMB portal.
- Visit JAMB E-facility portal at https://efacility.jamb.gov.ng/.
- Login with your Email and Password.
- Click on ‘Application for Correction of Data (2021 Downward)’ from the list of services on the left side.
- From the drop-down, select the one you wish to correct, i.e. Course/Institution, Name, Date of Birth, Gender, State/LGA of Origin.
Important Notes on JAMB Correction of Data and Change of Course/Institution
Note the following carefully.
- You can change one or all your courses or institutions at the same time.
- Upon submission of form, you can no longer make any changes except for change of course and institution. This because only change of course and institution can be done more than once.
- There may be a limited number of schools or courses you can change to. So be sure to have 3 or 4 options in case the one you want to change to is not available.
- The cost for the change of course and Data correction is N2,500.
- You can use the one time payment of N2,500 to change your institution, course, name, date of birth, etc.
For candidates who intend to change from one course to another within the UNN and those who plan to change their institution of choice to UNN in order to reposition themselves and stand a better chance of getting admission this year, I want to also remind you that it is very important that you obtain a copy of SURE SUCCESS UNN Admission Preparatory Handbook. The book is widely acclaimed as the best, most complete and comprehensive UNN Admission Preparatory Handbook available. It is specially designed for you as it contains everything requisite for the actualization of your admission dreams.
The book features include:
- Live and Up-to-date UNN Post UTME and DE Screening Past Questions and Answers solved in the most practical and learning-friendly ways.
- Quick Subject Revision Aids/2023 Likely PUTME Questions.
- Winning Strategies For preparing for UNN post-UME and Direct Entry Screening Examinations.
- Time-proven UNN Admission Success Secrets/Tips.
- Powerful Keypoints and Summary of Notes on each Subject.
- An overview of the recommended Poems, Prose, Drama and Fiction for Literature candidates aspiring for Law, Mass Comm., English/Literary Studies and so on.
- Bonus Tips and Success Quotes.
- Prophetic Prayers for Admission Success.
TO FIND OUT WHERE AND HOW TO GET THE SURE SUCCESS UNN DIRECT ENTRY / POST UTME PREPARATORY HANDBOOK (INCLUDING PAST QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS), CLICK HERE. For more answers to the questions you may have concerning UNN DE Admissions and detailed explanation of the admission procedures and requirements, Click Here.
Best wishes to you all…
Get in touch with us
Like and Follow us on Facebook @SURE SUCCESS NG
Join our Aspirants Facebook Group @JAMB Tutorials & Updates
UNN Aspirants and Students, Join MY UNN DREAMS (MUD)
If this post was helpful to you, please help us to reach others by sharing with the buttons below!