This post is about WAEC Result 2023. So I’m going to be answering those who are still asking the question, “Is WACE result 2023 out?” I will also show you How to Check WAEC Result Using Phone. Those that want to know how to check WAEC result without scratch card will also get an insight here.
Table of Contents
Is WAEC Result 2023 Out?
Yes, WAEC has released the result of the 2023 West African Senior School Certificate Examinations. The results are now available at WAEC Result Checking Portal.
So internal candidates who wrote the WAEC May/June examinations can now check their results either online or offline.
Why You Need to Check Your WAEC Result Immediately
If you participated in the May/June edition of WAEC’s SSCE, it implies that you are just rounding off with your secondary school. You may have also applied for JAMB for onward admission into a tertiary institution.
If you are the one I’m talking about, here are the reasons why you need to check your WAEC result without further delay:
1. You need to check your WAEC result to save yourself from unnecessary fear, anxiety and panic that usually comes with the news of the release of SSCE results.
2. You need to see your grades in all your subjects to know whether your got a credit pass in your five core subjects. Your five core subjects are the subjects that make up the O’level entry requirements for the course you want to study in the university. If you check your result, you will know where you stand.
3. If you registered for JAMB in your SS 3, you must have done so using awaiting SSCE result. It is both mandatory and expedient that you upload your WAEC result to JAMB portal now that it is out. It is also very important to upload it on time so as to ensure that nothing hampers your admission chances.
Can I Check my WAEC Result Using Phone?
Of course, you can check your WAEC result from the comfort of your home using your phone. This means that you don’t need to visit a business center or cyber cafe before you can access your WAEC result.
And this is true for every WAEC candidate regardless of the type or quality of phone they might be using. So whether you have an Android, Apple or even “Nokia Torch,” you can use it to check your WAEC result.
More so, you don’t need to purchase any physical scratch card or pin to access your WAEC result. All you need to do is to simply check your Smart Identity Card for your Result Checker PIN and Serial Number.
How to go about that is actually what this post is all about. So just continue reading…
How to Check WAEC Result Using Phone
- Go to the WAEC portal at https://www.waecdirect.org.
- In the column for examination number, type your 10-digit WAEC Examination Number.Note that your 10-digit WAEC Examination Number comprises of your 7-Digit center number followed by your 3-digit candidate number. For example, 4123456024.However, this is a bit different for those that wrote WAEC before the year 1999. To check their results, these candidates must enter their 8-digit WAEC Examination Number. This is their 5-digit center number followed by their 3-digit candidate number. So you they will have a shorter examination number like: 19865022.
- Select your examination year from the drop-down menu. For example, 2023.
- From the next drop-down menu, select your examination type i.e. SCHOOL CANDIDATE RESULT.
- Enter the Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your e-PIN:
- Enter the e-PIN Voucher Number (or Serial Number)
- Finally, click on the “Submit” button to access your WAEC result.
1. How to Make Money Via WhatsApp Status
2. WhatsApp Millionaire Secrets
Reasons Why the Above Steps on How to Check WAEC Result Using Phone May not Work for You
The simple steps above on how to check WAEC result using phone requires the use of Smart Identity Card PIN and serial number. However, there are several reasons why the procedure may not work for you.
I will state the reasons here and tell you how to get around them.
- It is possible to misplace your smart card. In this case, you will not be able to check your result especially if you were not proactive enough to have written the details somewhere.
- If the year you wrote your WAEC fall below 1999, you won’t be able to use the smart card innovation.
- If you did not store your smart card well and the PIN and serial number printed in it fades away. In this case, it will be impossible to read the PIN and serial number. This would render the smart card useless.
- Lastly, you may have exceeded the stipulated number of checks for your WAEC Result checker.
If any of the reasons above describes your situation, you will need to visit the WAEC Request Management System portal to purchase a new PIN online.
What is the Cost of WAEC Result Checker PIN?
The cost of one WAEC Result Checker PIN is roughly ₦3,654.82.
However, this is only for those who misplaced their smart identity cards or those who have exhausted the number of tries of the PIN thereof.
Such candidates must visit the Council’s Request Management System portal to purchase their pin.
How to Buy WAEC Result Checker PIN
Follow the simple steps below to buy your WAEC result checker PIN…
- Visit the WAEC Request Management System Portal at https://request.waec.ng/Home/PurchaseToken?servid=406.
- Note your transaction reference number.
- Under the “Select a Request Type” option, choose “Request For Service”.
- Under the “Select a Request” option, choose “Sale of WAEC Direct Result Checker”.
- Enter your name, telephone number and Email address.
- Then click on “Proceed to Online Payment” to pay and get your WAEC result checker PIN.
How to Check WAEC Result Using Phone Via SMS
Like I said earlier on a lighter mood, you can check WAEC result using phone regardless of the quality of phone you have. It doesn’t matter whether it is Android, Apple or “Nokia Torch”. And you don’t even need Internet access.
All you need is a phone that can send text messages via SMS. Once you have it, follow the simple steps below to check your result.
- Ensure that you have up to ₦30 worth of air time on your line. The service charge for checking your result via SMS is ₦30.
- For MTN, Airtel and Glo subscribers, send a text message to the short-code 32327 using the format below:
For example, send WAEC*4250101001*123456789012*2022 to 32327.
You will get an error message if you tamper with the format above. So you must follow it strictly if you must access your result. That means there should be no spaces in-between the values.
After sending the correct text to the short code, wait a bit to receive your WAEC result on your phone. The
Afterwards, wait a bit for your WAEC result to be delivered to your phone via SMS.
What to do if the Instruction on How to Check WAEC Result Using Phone Does Not Work for You
If for any reason you are unable to access your WAEC result using phone either online or via SMS, don’t panic.
You can easily solve the problem by sending a message to WAECsupport@fleettechltd.com.
Here is the details of the message you are to send to WAEC support:
- The error message you’re getting.
- Your examination number.
- The exam type and
- Exam year.
When you send your message, WAEC support team will verify your details and assist you to resolve the issue.
So here’s where we end this very informative article trusting that it is helpful.
If you still have questions, you can drop them in the comments section. Otherwise, just share your thoughts with us.
See you on the next article.
Still Got a Question? Drop Your Question Right HERE 👇👇 and click on Search. Get an Immediate Response...
Get in touch with us
Like and Follow us on Facebook @SURE SUCCESS NG
Join our Aspirants Facebook Group @JAMB Tutorials & Updates
UNN Aspirants and Students, Join MY UNN DREAMS (MUD)
If this post was helpful to you, please help us to reach others by sharing with the buttons below!