This is for UTME Candidates looking for Physics JAMB Questions and Answers 2023. Especially for those aspiring for Medicine, Pharmacy, Health Sciences, Engineering and other Physical Science courses. Here you will get genuine JAMB Physics questions and answers for 2023. Your duty now is to read through them as many times as possible and get ready to smash your Physics paper.
Table of Contents
What are Physics JAMB Questions and Answers 2023
Physics JAMB Questions and Answers 2023 are the questions you should expect in your Physics paper in 2023 UTME, together with their answers.
It is very important that every candidate preparing to sit for Physics in the forthcoming 2023 JAMB examination should catch a glimpse of these questions.
In so doing, they will know what to expect in the JAMB CBT hall. Knowing exactly what to expect will boost their confidence and guarantee them a very high score.
Physics JAMB Questions and Answers 2023 Revealed!
On this page, we shall reveal Physics JAMB Questions and Answers 2023 for all candidates taking the Physics paper.
How lucky you are to stumble upon this important page!
The questions are genuine and the answers are accurate, and all are a product of our passion to see you excel in your JAMB and gain admission at last.
In the following sections, you will read the Physics questions you are to expect in your 2023 JAMB exam as well as their answers. You can use the comments section if you still need clarification over some of the questions. We will give you a more detailed explanation.
JAMB is a very serious examination. You will answer 40 questions in JAMB Physics 2023 within 26 minutes. So it’s important that you pay attention to the information revealed on this page.
Physics JAMB Questions and Answers 2023 [Numbers 1 – 10]
1. Which of the following represents the correct precision if the length of a piece of wire is measured with a meter rule?
A. 35mm B. 35.0mm
C. 35.00mm D. 35.01mm
2. Which of the following is most strongly deflected by a magnetic field?
A. γ-rays B. α-rays
C. β-particles D. X-rays
3. A substance has a half-life of 3min. After 6mins, the count rate was observed to be 600. What was its count rate at zero time?
A. 200 B. 1200
C. 1600 D. 2400
4. A light of energy 5eV falls on a metal and electrons with a maximum kinetic energy of 2eV are ejected. The work function of the metal is
A. 0.4eV B. 2.5eV
C. 3.0eV D. 7.0eV
5. If an object is placed in front of two mirrors inclined at 90o, how many images will be formed?
A. Five B. Four
C. Three D. Two
6. A 12V battery has an internal resistance of 0.5Ω. If a cable of 1.0Ω resistance is connected across the terminals of the battery, the current drawn from the battery is
A. 16.0A B. 8.0A
C. 0.8A D. 0.4A
7. If two parallel wires carry currents flowing in the same direction, the conductors will
A. attract each other
B. repel each other
C. both move in the same direction
D. have no effect on each other
8. From the generating station to each sub-station, power is transmitted at a very high voltage so as to reduce
A. eddy current loss
B. hysteresis loss
C. heating in the cables
D. magnetic flux leakage
9. Two tuning forks of frequencies 256Hz and 260Hz are sounded close to each other. What is the frequency of the beats produced?
A. 516Hz B. 258Hz
C. 4Hz D. 300Hz
10. The eye controls the amount of light reaching the retina by adjusting the
A. cornea B. iris
C. retina D. optic nerve
Answers to Physics Question Number 1 – 10
1.B 2.C 3.D 4.C 5.C
6.B 7.A 8.C 9.C 10.B
Physics JAMB Questions and Answers 2023 [Numbers 11 – 20]
11. Which of the following is a set of vectors?
A. force, mass and momentum
B. acceleration, velocity and momentum
C. mass, weight and density
D. mass, volume and density
12. A catapult used to hold a stone of mass 500g is extended by 20cm with an applied force, F. If the stone leaves with a velocity of 40m/s, the value of F is
A. 4.0 ×102 N/m2 B. 2.0 × 103 N
C. 4.0 × 103 N D. 4.0 × 104 N
13. A nuclear reaction initiated by adding neutron is called
A. nuclear fission
B. nuclear fusion
C. nuclear enrichment
14. The resultant of two forces acting on an object is maximum if the angle between them is
A. 45o B. 0o C. 90o D. 180o
15. 200g of water at 90°C is mixed with same quantity of water at 30°C. What is the final temperature?
A. 50°C B. 60°C
C. 70°C D. 80°C
16. The equation PXVYTZ = constant is Charles law when
A. x=1, y=1, z=1 B. x=0, y=1, z=-1
C. x=1, y=0, z=-1 D. x=0, y=1, z=1
17. The thermometric substance of an absolute thermometer is
A. alcohol B. mercury
C. helium D. platinum
18. Dispersion of light by a glass prism is due to the
A. different hidden colours of the glass
B. different speeds of various colours in glass
C. defect in the glass
D. high density in glass
19. When an atom loses or gains a charge, it becomes
A. an electron B. an ion
C. a neutron D. a proton
20. To convert an ac dynamo to dc dynamo, the
A. number of turns of the coil is increased
B. slip rings are replaced with a split-ring commutator
C. number of turns of the coil is reduced.
D. split-ring commutator is replaced with slip rings
Answers to Physics Question Number 11 – 20
11.B 12.B 13.A 14.B 15.B
16.B 17.B 18.B 19.B 20.B
Physics JAMB Questions and Answers 2023 [Numbers 21 – 30]
21. The unit of inductance is the
A. Farad B. Hertz
C. Henry D. Coulomb
22. A machine whose efficiency is 60% has a velocity ratio of 5. If a force of 500N is applied to lift a load of P(N), what is the magnitude of P?
A. 750N B. 4166N
C. 500N D. 1500N
23. A mass of gas at 7°C and 70cm of mercury has a volume of 1200cm3. Determine its volume at 27°C and a pressure at 75cm of mercury.
A. 1200cm3 B. 1378cm3
C. 4320cm3 D. 4629cm3
24. A beam of light is incident from air to water at an angle of 30°. Find the angle of refraction if the refractive index of water is 4/3.
A. 15° B. 18°
C. 22° D. 240°
25. The wavelength of signal from a radio transmitter is 1500m and the frequency is 200KHz. What is the velocity of the propagation?
A. 3 ×108ms-2 B. 7 ×103ms-2
C. 3 ×104ms-2 D. 7ms-2
26. Find the frequencies of the first three harmonics of a piano string of length 1.5m, if the velocity of the string is 120m/s.
A. 40Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz
B. 180Hz, 360Hz, 540Hz
C. 80Hz, 160Hz, 240Hz
D. 360Hz, 180Hz, 90Hz
27. The resistance of a piece of wire of length 20 cm and cross-sectional area 8 x 105 m2 and resistivity 4 x 10-7 Ωm is
A. 1.0 Ω B. 10.0 Ω
C. 400.0 Ω D. 1.0 × 10-13 Ω
28. An electric device is rated 2000W, 250V. The correct fuse rating of the device is
A. 8A B. 9A
C. 7A D. 6A
29. Determine the inductive reactance when a 30.0mH inductor with negligible resistance is connected to a 1.3KHz oscillator
A. 39.0Ω B. 122.5Ω
C. 245.0Ω D. 39KΩ
30. The half-life of a radioactive element is 9days. Calculate the fraction that remains after 36days.
A. 1/32 B. 1/16
C. 1/4 D. 15/32
Answers to Physics Question Number 21 – 30
21.C 22.D 23.A 24.C 25.A
26.A 27.D 28.A 29.C 30.B
Physics JAMB Questions and Answers 2023 [Numbers 31 – 40]
31. The energy stored in an inductor of inductance 5mH when a current of 6A flows through it is
A. 9.0 x 10-3 J B. 9.0 x 10-2J
C. 1.4 x 10-2 J D. 1.8 x 10-2 J
32. An electric heater with a pd of 240V connected across its terminals has a total resistance of 960Ω. Calculate power range of the heater
A. 0.25 W B. 4.00 W
C. 38.40 W D. 60.00 W
33. The time it will take a certain radioactive material with a half-life of 50 to reduce to of its original number is
A. 250 days B. 150 days
C. 300 days D. 200 days
34. The unit of moment of a couple can be expressed in
A. Nm-1 B. Nm-2
C. Nm D. Nm2
35. The resultant of two forces 12N and 5N is 13N. What is the angle between the two forces?
A. 0° B. 45°
C. 90° D. 180°
36. A body of mass 12Kg traveling at 4.2ms-1 collides with another body of mass 18Kg at rest. Calculate their common velocity if the two bodies coalesce after collision.
A. 1.5ms-1 B. 1.4ms-1
C. 2.1ms-1 D. 1.7ms-1
37. When the vapour of a substance is in equilibrium with its own liquid, it is said to be
A. gaseous B. liquified
C. diffused D. saturated
38. If the pressure of 100cm3 of an ideal gas is doubled while its Kelvin temperature is halved, then the new volume of the gas is
A. 25cm3 B. 50cm3
C. 100cm3 D. 200cm3
39. The eye controls the amount of light reaching the retina by adjusting the
A. cornea B. iris
C. retina D. optic nerve
40. Transverse waves can be distinguished from longitudinal waves using the characteristics of
A. diffraction B. refraction
C. polarization D. reflection
Answers to Physics Question Number 31 – 40
31.B 32.D 33.A 34.C 35.C
36.D 37.D 38.A 39.B 40.C
So here you have the 40 Physics Questions you can expect in your 2023 JAMB examination. Read them again and again. Ensure that you get very familiar with each of them such that you can readily recognize them any time.
Remember that you can ask for more detailed explanation to any of the above questions in case you don’t fully understand it. Don’t be shy, just scroll down and use the comments section. Drop your questions and expect comprehensive answers as soon as possible.
See you on the next article.
Still Got a Question? Drop Your Question Right HERE 👇👇 and click on Search. Get an Immediate Response...
Get in touch with us
Like and Follow us on Facebook @SURE SUCCESS NG
Join our Aspirants Facebook Group @JAMB Tutorials & Updates
UNN Aspirants and Students, Join MY UNN DREAMS (MUD)
If this post was helpful to you, please help us to reach others by sharing with the buttons below!