Candidates offered provisional admission into various courses in the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) are expected to regularize their admission by paying their acceptance fee. You are therefore advised to pay your acceptance fee as soon as possible and start getting ready for your clearance.
The clearance is done by the faculty officers at the various faculty offices [you will be informed if there is any change of venue]. It is a verification process aimed at eliminating any form of falsification of documents and ensuring that the candidates who have been offered provisional admission really possess the minimum entry requirements of the school and their prospective courses. Admitted candidates who do not possess ALL the required documents will lose their admission.
You would need to make both the originals and photocopies of the following documents available for your clearance. Go through the list now, find out the ones you already have and begin to source for the ones you don’t have. By so doing, you would reduce the stress that comes with registration rush and hassle.
Recommended: 5 Five Books To Read Before Starting Medical School
ADMISSION CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS
- QUALIFYING RESULTS [i.e. O’ Level Result(s)]: this is your WAEC/NECO/GCE result. Please note that you can combine your NECO & WAEC, WAEC & WAEC, NECO & NECO during your clearance, EXCEPT for Faculty of Medical Sciences and Dentistry.
- JAMB RESULT SLIP: You can use the ordinary online result printout or the original JAMB result i.e. the one with passport.
- UNN 2018/19 POST-UTME REGISTRATION ACKNOWLEDGEMENT SLIP
- POST-UTME SCREENING RESULT SLIP OR DIRECT ENTRY RESULT SLIP
- LETTER OF ATTESTATION – This letter will be written by your parents, or any family member, or your traditional ruler or anyone that knows you very well. It would be addressed to the Registrar, University of Nigeria. The letter will simply certify that they know you and that you have good qualities. See How to Write a Letter of Attestation [Samples]
- LETTER OF UNDERTAKING – This letter would also be addressed to the Registrar, UNN. But this time around, it is best written by you. In this letter, you will have to pledge your readiness to be of good conduct and to obey the rules and regulations of the school. See How to Write a Letter of Undertaking.
- JAMB ADMISSION LETTER: You can print your JAMB Admission Letter on JAMB website for a fee of about N1000. Note that JAMB Admission Letter is not compulsory for clearance. You can get it later if it’s not convenient now.
- ADMISSION LIST – For this, go online and print out the particular page your name appeared on the admission list. After printing the page out, MARK or TICK your name, then photocopy into 3 or 4 places.
- ADMISSION NOTIFICATION SLIP: This is DIFFERENT from Admission List. To get Admission Notification Slip, you have to log into your UNN Student portal/profile. Once you are in, you would be required to VERIFY your account. After account verification, the portal would ask you if you want to GENERATE or Print out your notification slip. Just generate & print it out. See Detailed Steps to get your Admission Notification Slip.
- ACCEPTANCE FEE PAYMENT RECEIPT: This is the document you got after paying your acceptance fee online. See How to Pay UNN Admission Acceptance Fee
- LGA IDENTIFICATION LETTER or STATE OF ORIGIN CERTIFICATE: This is a letter from your LGA showing that you are a true son/daughter of a particular place. You can get it from your LGA headquarters.
- BIRTH CERTIFICATE (OR BAPTISMAL CERTIFICATE): If you don’t have any of these, go to court and get an affidavit or age declaration.
- STUDENT PROFILE/BIODATA: To get this one, log into your Student portal, supply the information that would be needed and print that page out.
- SCHOOL FEES RECEIPTS: This is the receipt that the bank will give you after paying your school fees.
- PASSPORTS: Please, try to get at least, 20 passports (preferably, with red background). You will need them for your clearance.
Recommended: How To File Your Documents in the Acceptable Order for Clearance
Now on the issue of O’level result(s), make sure that you have credit passes in all the subjects required for your course (in not more than two sittings) before you proceed to pay your acceptance fee. This is very important because if you don’t have a complete O’level result for your prospective course, you will not be cleared even though you have paid the huge sum for acceptance.
Finally, ensure that you have all these documents with you as you travel to school on or before the resumption date. That might save you the time and stress of traveling back home to source for them.
If you still have questions, feel free to use the comment box below.
It’s still yours sincerely, Henry Divine.