This post is about WAEC Recommended Textbooks for Visual Art 2023. So I will show you all the recommended text books for WAEC Visual Art and the importance of preparing with them. I will also give you the link to download WAEC Recommended Textbooks for Visual Art PDF.
The Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) conducted by WAEC is the examination that marks the end of secondary education. In other words, it is the final examination that secondary school students write usually towards the end of their SS 3.
The success rate of students taking part in this examination keeps declining with every passing year. There are many reasons responsible for this outcome.
But one of the reasons is that most of the candidates do not prepare well for the examinations. Many just depend on the lesson notes from their classes. Others read just any textbook they can lay their hands on. They fail to realize that it is not all textbooks that provide a complete coverage of the syllabuses of WAEC subjects.
The essence of this post is to enlighten you on WAEC recommended textbooks for Visual Art.
But I’m also going to drop the following links for you here:
- NECO recommended text books for Visual Art examination.
- Link to WAEC syllabus for Visual Art.
- List of subjects offered in senior secondary school.
Read Also: 12 Books to Read While Preparing for GCE
Table of Contents
Visual art refers to any form of art that is primarily visual in nature. This includes painting, drawing, sculpture, printmaking, photography, video and so on. It encompasses a wide range of styles and techniques, from realistic to abstract. It can as well be used to express a variety of emotions and ideas.
More often than not, visual art is created for the purpose of aesthetic enjoyment, communication, expression and interpretation. It can be used to tell a story, convey a message or explore a theme or an idea.
Visual artists use various elements and principles of art such as color, line, texture, form and composition to create their work.
Read Also: WAEC Recommended Textbooks For All Subjects.
WAEC Recommended Textbooks For Visual Art 2023
WAEC recommended textbooks for Visual Art are textbooks that WAEC examiners have taken time to go through and determined that they provide the best coverage, approach and explanations of the topics in Visual Art syllabus.
This is one of the several reasons why WAEC is a standard external examination body. They provide their candidates with both syllabuses and recommended textbooks.
The syllabuses state the scope of the subjects and the learning objectives. The recommended textbooks are the ones that cover the syllabuses adequately using the best teaching approach.
WAEC expects every SSCE candidate who desires to ace the examinations to make use of both the syllabuses and recommended texts in their preparation.
Importance of Studying with WAEC Recommended Textbooks for Visual Art
Every year, when WAEC results are released, a few students are celebrated as the best performers. These students may not necessarily be the smartest or the best students. It might just be that they prepared better with the right textbooks.
So it is very important to study and prepare for your SSCE with WAEC recommended textbooks. Here are some of the reasons:
1. WAEC examiners recommend them because they provide a complete coverage of Visual Art syllabus in line with the learning objectives.
2. Reading those Visual Art textbooks will help you to focus on what is important for the exam you are preparing for.
3. They help you to avoid reading unnecessary, extraneous details and ending up poorly prepared.
4. You also save time reading WAEC recommended textbooks for Visual Art.
5. Finally, reading WAEC recommended textbooks for Visual Art helps you to prepare both efficiently and effectively.
Read Also: 7 Strategies to Deal with Exam Stress and Anxiety
WAEC Recommended Textbooks for Visual Art (SSCE)
Below is the list of textbooks recommended by WAEC for candidates preparing to write Visual Art in this year’s SSCE.
Get at least two of these textbooks and commit yourself to reading them. If you do, you are already many many steps ahead of other candidates. With them, you will train yourself to give the examiner answers to their questions just the way they want it.
Here are the WAEC Recommended Textbooks for Visual Art.
1. Bernard S. Mayers Art & Civilization McGraw Hill, New York
2. Robert Clement The Art Teacher’s Handbook Century Hotchinson Limited, London
3. Harry Stemberg Composition Grosset & Dunlop New York
4. Maurice De Samsmarez Basic Design: The Dynamics of Visual Form Studio Vista Limited, London
5. Harold Osborne Art of Appreciation Oxford University, London
6. Henry Pluckrose The Book of Crafts Evans Brothers Limited, London
7. Werner Gillon A Short history of African Art Pengium Books Limited, Harmondsworth, U.K.
8. Whitfield Beginning Pen lettering (Book 3) Gina and Company Ltd, London.
9. Ayisi, Eric, O. An Introduction to the Study of African Culture Heinemann, 1972
10. Olaosebikan, W.A. Cultural & Creative Arts: A Source Book for Teachers. Ibadan: Evans
11. Wangboje, S. J. A Textbook on Art for Senior Secondary School. Evans Brother (Nig.) Ltd, 1982
12. Frank Willett Ife and the History of West African Sculpture. Thames and Hudson, 1967
13. Pat Oyelola Nigerian Crafts Macmillian 1981
14. George Talabi Art Teaching in African Schools. Heinemann Educational Books, Ibadan
15. Ibrahim Banjoko Cultural and Creative Arts
16. Emu Ogumor Certificate Art for Junior and Senior Secondary Schools. University Press 2007
17. Uzoagba, I. N. Understanding Art in General Education. African First Publishers Ltd, 2008
Read Also: The Best Art Courses to Study in Nigeria
We have come to the end of this article. I trust that you found it both informative and helpful.
Do you have any questions with respect to WAEC recommended textbooks for Visual Art? If YES, feel free to scroll down and drop them in the comments section below. You will get a response as soon as possible.
Apart from questions, you can always share your thoughts with us. We’d like to hear from you.
Remember that you don’t necessarily have to cheat in order to make an A or B in your Visual Art. You can make a distinction if you say no to immediate gratifications and work hard towards your exams. Hard work is still a potent key to success.
So just purchase the recommended textbooks and make use of your syllabus as you study.
See you in the next post….
Read Also: WAEC recommended textbooks for Civic Education.
Still Got a Question? Drop Your Question Right HERE 👇👇 and click on Search. Get an Immediate Response...
Get in touch with us
Like and Follow us on Facebook @SURE SUCCESS NG
Join our Aspirants Facebook Group @JAMB Tutorials & Updates
UNN Aspirants and Students, Join MY UNN DREAMS (MUD)
If this post was helpful to you, please help us to reach others by sharing with the buttons below!