This is for BECE Candidates looking for Junior WAEC 2023 Basic Science Questions and Answers. The Basic Science paper is compulsory for all candidates regardless of their school. So, here you will get genuine Junior WAEC 2023 Questions and Answers Basic Science. Your duty now is to read through them as many times as possible and get ready to smash your Basic Science paper.
Table of Contents
What are Junior WAEC 2023 Basic Science Questions and Answers
Junior WAEC 2023 Basic Science Questions and Answers are the questions you should expect in your Basic Science paper in 2023 BECE, together with their answers.
It is very important that every candidate preparing to sit for Basic Science in the forthcoming 2023 BECE examination should catch a glimpse of these questions.
In so doing, they will know what to expect in the exam hall. Knowing exactly what to expect will boost their confidence and guarantee them a very high score.
Junior WAEC 2023 Basic Science Questions and Answers Revealed!
On this page, we shall reveal Junior WAEC 2023 Questions and Answers Basic Science for all candidates taking the Basic Science paper.
How lucky you are to stumble upon this important page!
The questions are genuine and the answers are accurate, and all are a product of our passion to see you excel in your BECE and proceed to Senior Secondary School..
In the following sections, you will read the Basic Science questions you are to expect in your 2023 Junior WAEC exam as well as their answers. You can use the comments section if you still need clarification over some of the questions. We will give you a more detailed explanation.
BECE is a very serious and important examination. You will answer 50 questions in BECE Basic Science 2023 within 2 hours. So it’s important that you pay attention to the information revealed on this page.
Junior WAEC 2023 Questions and Answers Basic Science [Numbers 1 – 10]
1. Radioactivity is the spontaneous …. of the nuclei of some elements to give off radiation in the form of particles of rays.
2. Sound is produced by….
A. bright source of light.
B. stationary material objects with wide surfaces.
C. vibrating particles carrying electric charges.
D. vibrating surfaces of material objects.
3. Which of the following is NOT a types of skill?
A. Desktop publishing and networking
C. Internet browsing
D. Walking and crawling
4. Materials that do NOT allow electric current to pass through them are called electrical….
5. Electricity is usually obtained from….
A. battery or cell.
B. electric light bulb.
C. electric motor
D. good electrical conductors.
6. The region around a magnet within which magnetic force of attraction or repulsion can be felt is called magnetic….
7. The live wire in an electrical circuit is at a …. than the neutral wire.
A. equal potential
B. higher potential .
C. lower potential
D. similar potential
8. Pollution is an example of….
A. right application of science.
B. wrong application of science.
C. both right and wrong application of science.
D. eating raw food at night.
9. Glass is made from one of the following solid materials.
10. Agricultural use of land include all the following EXCEPT….
A. animal farming.
B. crop farming.
C. farm settlements
D. road construction.
Answers to Basic Science Question Number 1 – 10
1. B 2. D 3. D 4. B 5. A
6. A 7. B 8. B 9. C 10.D
Junior WAEC 2023 Questions and Answers Basic Science [Numbers 11 – 20]
11. Which of the following is NOT an example of string instrument?
12. Which of these statement is NOT correct about family trait?
A. Family traits could be dominant or recessive
B. Family traits are transmittable
C. Family traits are passed from one sibling to another
D. Family traits are use to trace siblings
13. Soil erosion can be defined as….
A. addition of humus to the soil.
B. addition of top soil.
C. it is the removal of the top soil.
D. it is the breaking of rocks.
14. Which of the following will not cause flooding?
A. Dam wall bursting
B. Planting crops in terraces
C. Strong winds in coastal areas
D. Rivers over flowing in flood plains
15. Deforestation is the process of ….
A. cutting down of forest and wood.
B. converting plants to sand.
C. inducing forest into trees.
D. planting grasses.
16. One drastic effect of deforestation on the environment is….
A. it increases the number of trees to grow.
B. it increases the growth of animals in forest.
C. it leads to extinction of animals and plants.
D. it provides shelter for hunters.
17. Desertification is formed when there is….
A. constant rainfall.
B. continuous sunlight.
C. continous hamattan
D. persistent rain failure.
18. The following are adverse effects of drug abuse EXCEPT…
B. damaged nostrils and lungs.
19. Which of those government organization apprehends drug carriers?
20. The following are example of fruits EXCEPT….
Answers to Basic Science Question Number 11 – 20
11.A 12.C 13.C 14.C 15.A
16.C 17.B 18.D 19.D 20.C
Junior WAEC 2023 Questions and Answers Basic Science [Numbers 21 – 30]
21. One of the following is not a family trait
A. complexion of the skin
D. possession of two eyes
22. One of the following is an example of family trait except
D. blood type
23. The following cause soil erosion except
A. Growth of towns
B. building of houses
D. road construction
24. Soil erosion can be controlled by the following except
A. planting of trees
D. planting cover crops
25. Flooding could be due to all these except one.
A. Heavy rainfall
B. sandy soil
C. blocked gutter
D. overflowing of river or sea
26. One of the following is not a harmful effect of flooding
A. Change in habitat
B. construction of dams
C. loss of life
D. destruction of crops
27. The following may cause bush burning except
A. Planting of trees
B. stumps of smoke cigarettes
D. hunting of game
28. Which of these is not an effect of bush burning?
A. Building of houses
B. loss of forest reserve
C. loss of wild life
D. climate change
29. One of the following is a regulation against bush burning
30. Family trait is used for the following except
A. crime detection
B. tracing family members
C. reducing the hereditary disease
Answers to Basic Science Question Number 21 – 30
21.D 22.D 23.C 24.C 25.B
26.B 27.A 28.A 29.B 30.D
So here you have the 40 Basic Science Questions you can expect in your 2023 BECE examination. Read them again and again. Ensure that you get very familiar with each of them such that you can readily recognize them any time.
Remember that you can ask for more detailed explanation to any of the above questions in case you don’t fully understand it. Don’t be shy, just scroll down and use the comments section. Drop your questions and expect comprehensive answers as soon as possible.
See you on the next article.
Read Also: Junior WAEC Time Table 2023 is Out
Still Got a Question? Drop Your Question Right HERE 👇👇 and click on Search. Get an Immediate Response...
Get in touch with us
Like and Follow us on Facebook @SURE SUCCESS NG
Join our Aspirants Facebook Group @JAMB Tutorials & Updates
UNN Aspirants and Students, Join MY UNN DREAMS (MUD)
If this post was helpful to you, please help us to reach others by sharing with the buttons below!