This is for BECE Candidates looking for Junior WAEC 2023 Questions and Answers CCA. The Cultural and Creative Arts paper is compulsory for all candidates regardless of their school. So, here you will get genuine Junior WAEC 2023 Questions and Answers for Cultural and Creative Arts. Your duty now is to read through them as many times as possible and get ready to smash your paper.
Table of Contents
What are Junior WAEC 2023 Questions and Answers for CCA?
Junior WAEC 2023 CCA Questions and Answers are the questions you should expect in your Cultural and Creative Arts paper in 2023 BECE, together with their answers.
It is very important that every candidate preparing to sit for in the forthcoming 2023 BECE examination should catch a glimpse of these questions.
In so doing, they will know what to expect in the exam hall. Knowing exactly what to expect will boost their confidence and guarantee them a very high score.
Junior WAEC 2023 Cultural and Creative Arts Questions and Answers Revealed!
On this page, we shall reveal Junior WAEC 2023 Questions and Answers for all candidates taking the Cultural and Creative Arts paper.
How lucky you are to stumble upon this important page!
The questions are genuine and the answers are accurate, and all are a product of our passion to see you excel in your BECE and proceed to Senior Secondary School.
In the following sections, you will read the CCA questions you are to expect in your 2023 Junior WAEC exam as well as their answers. You can use the comments section if you still need clarification over some of the questions. We will give you a more detailed explanation.
BECE is a very serious and important examination. You will answer 50 questions in BECE 2023 within 2 hours. So it’s important that you pay attention to the information revealed on this page.
Junior WAEC 2023 Questions and Answers CCA – Cultural and Creative Arts [Numbers 1 – 10]
1. The type of art work that was found in Nok is sculpture done in _______.
A. cement B. terra cotta
C. iron D. marble
2. Ife art has similarities with ______ art.
A. Mbari B. Egyptian
C. Nok D. Roman
3. Igbo ugwu art was located in ______ State.
A. Enugu B. Anambra
C. Zaria D. Este
4. ______ can be used as therapy for fast relief and healing from illness.
A. Poetry B. Poem
C. Dialogue D. Music
5. _______ is a public display of works of art or items held in an art gallery.
A. Exhibition B. Framing
C. Designing D. Display
6. An art work needs to be _______ before displayed.
A. covered B. framed
C. scattered D. broken
7. ________ is an example display technique.
8. There are ______ main stages in composition of music.
A. 5 B. 3 C. 4 D. 6
9. The second stage in composition of music is ______.
A. development B. end
C. beginning D. starting
10. In setting words to rhythm, each syllable must be written under ________.
A. line B. space
C. writing D. notes
Answers to Question Number 1 – 10
Junior WAEC 2023 Questions and Answers CCA – Cultural and Creative Arts [Numbers 11 – 20]
11. A sequence of actions, structured and acted on a stage is called _______.
A. dance B. music
C. drama D. art
12. _______ is regarded as the first world’s renowned contemporary artist.
A. Bruce Onabrukpeya
B. Kenneth Murray
C. Solomon Wanngboje
D. Ben Enweonwu
13. _______ illustrated books as ‘African Night Entertainment’ and ‘No Longer At Ease’.
A. Bernard Denis
B. Henry Binto
C. Lord Luggard
D. Solomon Wangboje
14. ____ is one of the works of Isaiah Uzoagba.
A. Motor park At Night
B. Baby Weeping
C. Animal Farm
D. People And Their Works
15. Someone who entertains the audience with comic and tragic plays is called ______.
D. Graphic Designer
16. _______ is a creative writer of plays or prose.
B. Prose wright
C. Entertainment wright
D. Book wright
17. Actors that will act in a play are selected by _______.
A. dramatist B. director
C. educator D. player
18. There are _______ categories of playwright.
A. 5 B. 3 C. 2 D. 7
19. ______ Chooses the styles, colours and supplies the costumes to be worn by the actors and actresses.
A. set designer
B. light designer
C. place designer
D. costume designer
20. ______ is an art whose medium is sound.
A. context B. music
C. rehearsal D. sound
Answers to Question Number 11 – 20
Junior WAEC 2023 Questions and Answers CCA – Cultural and Creative Arts [Numbers 21 – 30]
21. Benin art was exclusively made for the ________.
A. chiefs B. noble men
C. obas D. slaves
22. A museum is an institution for all the following except one.
A. Serving as a tourist center
B. educating the subsequent generation
C. preserving archaic culture
D. flaying and tanning of animal skin
23. A painting of an expanse of sea is known as ____.
A. landscape B. seascape
C. sea painting D. waterscape painting
24. Another name for colour is _____.
A. hue B. intensity
C. tone D. poster
25. A large picture or decoration painted on walls is called ______
A. wall hanging B. mural
C. mosaic D. appliqué
26. In textile design, the repeated use of motif results in _______.
A. Pattern B. design
C. cloth D. Ankara
27. Which of the following statements best describe motif?
A. a theme of a major idea
B. a design made on fabric
C. tools used in textile drawing
D. the intention of an artist
28. Another name for pigment is ________.
A. colour B. pencil
C. leave D. chemical
29. A painting that involves thick application of colour on a painting works is _____.
A. fresco B. impasto
C. etching D. tempera
30. The human head is usually represented in a/an ___ shape.
A. circular B. cone
C. cuboid D. oval
Answers to Question Number 21 – 30
Junior WAEC 2023 Questions and Answers CCA – Cultural and Creative Arts [Numbers 31 – 40]
31. Artists who specialize in textile is known as ____.
A. textile designer B. textiles
C. fashion designer D. tailors
32. The two chemicals used along with dye stuff are _________.
A. sulphuric acid and chlorine
B. turpentine and glaze
C. caustic soda and hydrosulphite
D. sodium oxide and caustic soda
33. What is the usefulness of sodium hydrosulphite in the dyeing process?
A. to make the dye stuff brighter in colour
B. to enable the whole mixture blend well
C. for easy absorption and quick action on fabric
D. to make dye remain permanent on fabric or much longer
34. Batik is a __________ word.
A. Greek B. Indonesian
C. roman D. Latin
35. The batik tradition is said to have originated from ___.
A. Indonesia B. Java
C. Greek D. Ireland
36. Visual art is divided into fine and __________.
A. applied B. graphics
C. literal D. performing
37. Drawing from memory is known as ________.
A. figure B. imaginative
C. landscape D. nature
38. Which of the following materials is best for portable sculpture?
A. bronze B. clay
C. concrete D. wood
39. Another name for cloth in textile design is __________.
A. yarn B. fabric
C. calico D. tie and dye
40. The first discovery of Nok art took place in _________.
A. 1928 B. 1982
C. 1968 D. 1892
Answers to Question Number 31 – 40
SECTION B: Theory Questions
Answer four questions only from this section.
1a. List four contemporary artists.
1b. Explain one in (1a) above.
2a. Identify three career prospects for dramatists.
2b. Who is a dramatist?
3a. What is drama?
3b. Write two ways in which drama can assist the people in rural areas.
4. Construct the solfa notes of the scale.
5a. List four places where art works were found in Nigeria.
5b. Write short notes on Ife art.
So here you have the 40 Questions you can expect in your 2023 BECE CCA – Cultural and Creative Arts examination. Read them again and again. Ensure that you get very familiar with each of them such that you can readily recognize them any time.
Remember that you can ask for more detailed explanation to any of the above questions in case you don’t fully understand it. Don’t be shy, just scroll down and use the comments section. Drop your questions and expect comprehensive answers as soon as possible.
See you on the next article.
Read Also: Junior WAEC Time Table 2023 is Out
Still Got a Question? Drop Your Question Right HERE 👇👇 and click on Search. Get an Immediate Response...
Get in touch with us
Like and Follow us on Facebook @SURE SUCCESS NG
Join our Aspirants Facebook Group @JAMB Tutorials & Updates
UNN Aspirants and Students, Join MY UNN DREAMS (MUD)
If this post was helpful to you, please help us to reach others by sharing with the buttons below!