5 REASONS STUDENTS CHOOSE THE WRONG CAREER
1. LACK OF COUNSELLING
* Many students jump into a career without counseling. They end up pursuing careers they are not talented for.
* Why should you pursue a course in the university that you lack the abilities to practice after school? Many students have dropped out of school because of this problem.
3. PARENTAL CONTROL
* Parents often choose career for their children but this is very wrong. Most times students are not happy studying the course they are not equipped for . Parents should not choose CAREERfor their children.
4. PEER PRESURE
* The friends you keep could eiger make you or destroy you . Something happened in my secondary school days . Over 60% of my classmates wanted to study medicine ( Including Me) . Many of us were not aware of the demands and requirements of the course. After two years I realized that only about 5% actually made it to Medicine. Please don’t let your friends influence your decision.
* Many students sit for entrance examinations and the cut off is high . The fear of sitting for that examination again arises in them so they accept any offer of admission. They did not make enquiries about the CAREER they are venturing into. If you are offered a course you did not apply for in JAMB , you need to first find out more about that course, ask people who are already practicing that course what the course is all about, but most importantly make sure that you are talented and equipped for that course.
Written by the the Youthlife coach- Pastor Mike