You are welcome to another informative page on your favorite website, suresuccess.ng. This post is exclusively about the JAMB Portal. So I’m going to give you all the information you need about the JAMB portal. Of course, this would include the meaning and what the e-facility portal is all about, the JAMB portal login: portal.jamb.gov.ng, what you can do on the portal and so on. It promises to be an interesting read and you will surely be glad if you read through.
Table of Contents
What is JAMB Portal?
JAMB Portal is the web page under the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board’s official website that provides access and links to other pages where aspirants of tertiary institutions can create e-facility accounts or log in to accomplish certain tasks pertaining to their UTME, DE or admissions. The portal is a repository of the database of all JAMB candidates both past and present.
There are many activities which candidates can perform on the portal e-facility portal and these include: UTME or DE registration, viewing of results, change of course, checking admission status, correction of data and so on. I am still going to give you more details about the things you can do on JAMB portal and how to do each one of them later on this post. So continue reading…
JAMB Portal Login
JAMB Portal login is the first step to accessing the many features of the e-facility portal. However, candidates are expected to first create an e-facility account with the portal by signing up. Here, they can sign up for new accounts or opt to reset and recover their account login details in case of forgetting. The candidates are, therefore, advised to save their login details in their Gmail account so as not to ever lose them.
Parameters You Need for JAMB Portal Login
The following are the parameters you need to login to the JAMB portal:
- email address
- JAMB registration number
How to Login to JAMB Portal – portal.jamb.gov.ng
The JAMB portal is always open and accessible to all candidates, both past and present, who wish to make use of it. You will simply need your email address, password and an active Internet connection to access your account on the JAMB e-facility. So you don’t need to go to any cyber cafe or business center to access the portal. You can do it with your phone at the comfort of your home, hostel or anywhere.
If you wish to login to your JAMB Student Portal account, you can follow the simple steps below to do so:
- Open Chrome or Firefox browsing app on your phone.
- Copy and paste the following link in the browser’s web address bar: https://portal.jamb.edu.ng/. Or just click on it.
- On that page that loads, enter your JAMB email and Password. The email is the one you used during JAMB registration.
- Finally, click on the Login button to access JAMB Portal.
Note that you can only following the above steps to login to your JAMB e-facility portal if you already have an account. Otherwise, you will receive a prompt to create an account.
To create a new account, you will need to enter a valid email address and phone number. A verification email with a confirmation code will be sent to you. Follow the prompt to create an account.
In the next section, I will show you how to login to JAMB portal using registration number. The pictures and illustrations will aid your understanding.
How to Login to JAMB Portal Using Registration Number
So here is a well-illustrated guide on how to login to JAMB portal using registration number, email address and password. Follow it process religiously and you won’t get it wrong.
- Open your phone browsing app.
Launch your Google Chrome or Firefox browser on your Android phone.
- Visit the JAMB e-facility portal page
In the space for web address on your browser, enter https://efacility.jamb.gov.ng/
- Enter your JAMB email address and password
In the spaces provided, type in your JAMB e-mail address and secret password.
- Click on the Login Button
Click on the blue LOGIN button immediately below the box you entered your password.
- Open your phone browsing app.
If you followed the procedure above, you would have successfully logged into your JAMB portal account.
Read Also: How Many Subjects Are Written In JAMB
JAMB CAPS Login
Many people tend to be confused when it comes to JAMB CAPS and JAMB portal. For example, some people insist that candidates must accept their admission on JAMB CAPS and not on the e-facility portal.
But the truth is that there is no real difference between JAMB CAPS and JAMB portal. They are one and the same.
So whether you call it JAMB CAPS or JAMB e-facility portal, you are making reference to the same thing.
On that note, the following section will show how to login to JAMB CAPS just to carry everyone along.
How to Login to JAMB CAPS
Follow the steps below to login to JAMB CAPS…
- Open Chrome or Firefox browsing app on your phone.
- Copy and paste the following link in the browser’s web address bar: https://efacility.jamb.gov.ng/. Or just click on it.
- On that page that loads, enter your JAMB email and Password. The email is the one you used during JAMB registration.
- Finally, click on the Login button to access your JAMB CAPS.
Now that you know how to login to JAMB portal using registration number, email and password; the next thing you need to know are the things you can do on JAMB portal after login.
Things you Can Do on Your JAMB Portal Account
There are many activities that JAMB candidates can carry out on the portal depending on the time of the year and the status of the candidate. By status I mean whether the candidate just registered for UTME or DE, whether they are already undergraduates or graduates seeking to sort out something on the portal.
So the table below gives you an idea of some of the things you can do on JAMB portal.
|S/No||Activities you can Perform on JAMB Portal|
|1.||Access and Update your Profile|
|2.||UTME and DE Registration|
|3.||Upload O’level Result|
|5.||Print UTME Main Examination Slip|
|6.||Print JAMB Mock Examination Slip|
|7.||Check UTME Examination Results|
|8.||Check UTME Mock Examination Results|
|9.||Print Result Slip|
|10.||Check Admission Status|
|11.||Print Admission Letter|
|12.||JAMB Regularization of Admission|
|13.||Apply for Transfer|
In the following sections, we shall discuss the ‘how’ behind some of the items on the above table.
Access and Update Your Profile on JAMB Portal
Profile creation on the JAMB portal is very important. This is because it is your JAMB profile that would give you access to do UTME or DE registration, print JAMB result slip, print admission letter, apply for correction of data, check admission status and so on.
Therefore, you need to learn how to create JAMB Profile on the portal. Click and follow the link for more insight.
UTME and DE registration on JAMB Portal
The primary reason why people want to visit the JAMB portal is to either register for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) or apply for Direct Entry (DE) admission.
The general entry requirements for UTME and DE registration on the JAMB portal are ﬁve (5) O’Level Credit passes including Mathematics and English Language.
How to Do JAMB Profile Registration for UTME and DE
The primary requirements for registration or creation of a profile on the JAMB portal are a unique phone number and an NIN.
Using the phone number, send your 11-digit NIN by text to 55019 or 66019. As soon as you do that correctly, you will receive a Profile Code of 10 characters on the same phone number.
The phone number you use for texting your NIN and receiving your profile code would automatically be tied to your application, examination and admission. So it is in your best interest to remember the exact phone number you used for this. Otherwise, use your own phone number.
Visit any JAMB form procurement point (banks and so on) and present your profile code. After payment, they will send you an ePIN and you will receive it on that same phone number.
Finally, go to any JAMB accredited CBT center and present your e-PIN for registration.
O’level Result Uploading on JAMB Portal
In most years, JAMB registration commences several months before SSCE examinations. Consequently, current SS3 students register JAMB with awaiting results because they are yet to write their WAEC and NECO.
However, when they eventually write their SSCE and the results get released, JAMB requires them to upload their O’level results appropriately. This is also done on the JAMB portal. See how to upload results to JAMB portal below.
How to Upload Result on JAMB Portal
The procedure for uploading O’level result on JAMB portal is very simple and you can upload either your WAEC result or NECO result or both. Those who may upload both WAEC and NECO are candidates who have need to combine the results in order to meet the SSCE requirement of their prospective course.
Here’s the procedure:
- Visit an accredited JAMB CBT center near you
- Indicate that you want to upload your O’level result to JAMB portal
- Give them a printout of your WAEC or NECO result for uploading
- Verify on the screen that the subjects and grades entered for you are correct
- Then authorize them to upload it
Data Correction on JAMB e-Facility Portal
During registration on the JAMB portal, it is natural for people to make mistakes here and there. JAMB, in their magnanimity, made provision for data correction on the portal.
So you can effect changes on your JAMB profile if the error was made in one or more of the following:
1. Names: you can correct any of your first, middle or last name.
2. Date of Birth: you can change any of the month, day or year as required.
3. Passport Photograph: if you have need to change your passport to a better or more recent one, you can do so on the JAMB portal.
4. Gender: if the CBT agents mistakenly chose male instead of female for you or female instead of male, you can also change that. This is very important.
5. State/LGA: there is provision for you to change either your state of origin or Local Government Area (LGA) or both.
6. Profile Details: you can also effect changes in some of your profile details including your email address.
7. Change of Institution/Course: if you have reasons to change your course or institution, you that do so at the JAMB portal.
8. UTME Subjects: you can also change your UTME subject combination if you discover that you made the wrong choice of subjects. But that has to be before the examination because once the exam has been taken, you would no longer be able to change.
Print Examination Slip on JAMB Portal
This is another activity you can carry out on JAMB portal. You can print examination slip for both the main UTME exam and the mock. The examination slip gives you information concerning your exam date, venue and time.
However, you must allow popup for JAMB site in order to be able to print your examination slip. Even after allowing popup on the JAMB portal, the portal still does not allow some candidates to print their examination slip. If that happens to you, learn how to fix JAMB Examination Slip Printing Not Allowed.
Then you can print your JAMB exam slip.
Check UTME Result on JAMB Portal
After the UTME examination, the candidates would normally be able to check their result via SMS less than 24 hours after the exam. But eventually, JAMB would release the UTME result on their e-facility portal for all candidates to access and print result slip.
JAMB also releases the result of the mock UTME exam on their e-facility portal. So candidates who indicated interest to participate in the mock during their JAMB registration would view and print their result from the portal.
The parameter you require to check your UTME result on the JAMB portal are email address, registration number and phone number.
For a detailed information on how to check JAMB result either via SMS using phone or using JAMB registration number, click here to read.
Check Admission Status on JAMB Portal
Currently, all admissions into Nigerian tertiary institutions are processed by JAMB via their CAPS which is also a component of their e-facility portal.
Immediately after the release of JAMB result, tertiary institutions conduct their Post UTME exercise. Some conduct actual written examination while others just do screening of relevant documents. Shortly after that, candidates begin to check their admission status on the JAMB portal.
JAMB Admission Status is the current position or stage of a prospective student’s application as being reviewed by admission officers of both the tertiary institutions and JAMB. It is the outcome of this review that determines the admission status of a candidate.
For a detailed guide on how to check your admission status on JAMB portal, click here to read. There, you will also learn the various responses you may get after checking your admission status, and how to interpret each of the responses.
Print Admission Letter from JAMB e-facility Portal
When the admission status of a candidate changes to “Admitted,” the next thing the candidate should do is to print their admission letter.
Admission letter from JAMB portal is very important as it is one of the documents required for candidate’s clearance.
Here’s how to print JAMB admission letter from the portal:
- Open the browsing app of your device.
- Copy and paste this web address into your browser’s address bar: www.portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility/.
- Follow the steps we discussed above to login to your profile.
- Click on the “Admission Letter” button on the home page to continue.
- The portal will generate a transaction ID for the service and it will display confirmation page screen.
- Review the details on the transaction ID before confirming it.
- Click on the “Continue” button to pay after reviewing it.
- Provide your ATM card details to complete the payment.
- Once payment is successful, provide the Year of Exam and your JAMB Registration Number.
- Your JAMB Admission Letter will display on the screen.
- Connect your printer to your smartphone or PC and print the admission letter.
JAMB Regularization of Admission on the e-Facility Portal
JAMB regularization of admission is another procedure that can also be carried out on JAMB portal. However, it is not a popular procedure and many people are not aware of what it’s all about.
Hence, I shall take some time out to say one or two things about JAMB regularization.
What is JAMB Regularization?
Put simply, JAMB regularization is the process by which JAMB validates or confirms the admission offered to a candidate by any school.
This is especially for candidates you are admitted into various institutions via entry modes apart from UTME. So regularization is the process of adding the candidate’s admission status to JAMB’s database. This, among other things, ensures that the candidate won’t have issues with printing their admission letter and processing their NYSC.
How to Do JAMB Regularization on JAMB Portal
Follow the process below to regularize your admission on JAMB portal…
1. Visit any accredited JAMB CBT center of your choice.
2. Make available all the JAMB regularization requirements and documents, including O’level result, matriculation number, year of matriculation, course of study, and so on.
3. Pay the necessary service charges. Note that what you will pay would depend on whether you already have JAMB registration number or not.
4. After payment, a JAMB official will confirm your details and visit the JAMB e-facility portal to complete the regularization process on your behalf.
5. Collect your JAMB regularization printout.
6. Submit the printout to your school’s admission officer to sign and forward to JAMB office.
7. Once that is done, wait for a notification from JAMB regarding your admission regularization.
How to Check JAMB Regularization Status on the e-facility Portal
For very obvious reasons, it is important for undergraduate students to know their JAMB regularization status as early as possible.
Knowing the status will tell you whether you need to take further steps or not.
You can check your JAMB regularization status on the e-portal. Here’s how:
- Following the direction given above, login to the portal with your JAMB email and password.
- Click on ‘Check Admission Status‘ after logging in.
- Select your Exam Year and type your Registration Number in the appropriate columns.
- Finally, click on ‘Check Admission Status again.
If you see the admission offered by your school on your profile, then your JAMB regularization was successful. It may also mean that you have not need for JAMB regularization.
Ensure that you print out your admission letter by following the steps exposed above.
Apply for Transfer on JAMB Portal
Application for transfer from one institution to another is one of the several provisions that candidates are ignorant about.
Many do not know that after they have completed a session in one school, they can apply for transfer to another if they meet the conditions.
So you can accept your admission in any available school and later transfer to your dream school as long as you meet the necessary criteria.
Application for transfer of institution may be done on the JAMB e-facility portal.
Read Also: How to Allow Popup for JAMB Site
Other Registrations you Can Do on JAMB Portal
There are several other registrations that can be done on the JAMB e-facility portal. They include:
- Part time registration,
- Sandwich registration and
- NOUN registration
So, if you have any need for studying on part time or sandwich basis, you can register. If distance and online education suits your schedules, you can register for NOUN.
Retrieve your Password on JAMB e-facility Portal
It is possible for a JAMB candidate to lose, misplace or forget their password after registration. However, that shouldn’t cause panic as JAMB has provided three means by which candidates can retrieve their password.
The three ways to retrieve your password include:
- JAMB portal
- SMS and
How to Retrieve Password on JAMB Portal
- Visit the JAMB password reset link at http://portal.jamb.gov.ng/eFacility/forgot
- Enter your JAMB email address and date of birth.
- Click on the “get password reset link”.
- The link will be automatically sent to your email address.
- Open the mail and click the “Reset my Password” link.
- You will be redirected to a page where you will enter your new password.
- Confirm the new password.
- Click on the “Change Password” tab to complete the process.
- You will receive a notification from JAMB that you have changed your password successfully.
How To retrieve Your JAMB password via SMS
For instance, send “Password email@example.com” to 55019 or 66019. You will receive a message containing your password.
It’s that simple.
How to Retrieve your JAMB Password via Email Address
Recall that upon creation of your JAMB profile, JAMB sent you a confirmation e-mail. That email is a very important one as it contains all your particulars, data and information.
So, if you need to retrieve your JAMB password, all you need to do is to go back to your email and search for that profile creation confirmation message.
When you find it, open it to see your password.
Benefits of Using the JAMB e-facility Portal
The JAMB e-facility portal serves as a centralized system for candidates, educational institutions and JAMB to interact efficiently, ensuring transparency, fairness and accuracy in the admission process.
Here are some of the importance and benefits of using the JAMB portal:
1. JAMB portal enables candidates to register and apply for various examinations, such as the UTME, Direct Entry (DE) and other related examinations.
2. The JAMB portal gives candidates express access to valuable information. These information bother on admission guidelines, eligibility criteria, examination syllabus, examination centers and so on.
3. Candidates can use the portal to check their results. This instant access to results saves time and allows candidates to plan their next steps accordingly. For example, candidates with low JAMB score may decide to change their course or institution.
4. So the JAMB portal allows candidates to request a change of course or institution after the initial application.
5. The JAMB portal plays a crucial role in the admission process. It facilitates the collection and verification of candidates’ data, including their UTME scores and O’Level results. The portal ensures a fair and transparent process by automating the selection and allocation of candidates based on merit and admission criteria.
6. The JAMB portal facilitates online payment for registration and other services. It generates electronic Personal Identification Numbers (e-PINs) which are used for payment authentication.
7. The JAMB portal offers feedback and support services. In other words, it offers a platform where candidates can interact with JAMB officials and seek assistance or clarification on various matters related to admissions, registration, results and other inquiries. This helps in resolving issues promptly and ensures smooth communication between JAMB and candidates.
When JAMB Portal is Not Opening | Reasons and How to Resolve
There are certain times of the day and periods of the year when candidates and students who use the JAMB portal complain that the site is not opening.
This could happen at a time when you need to handle something urgently on the portal and that could be frustrating.
I will give you some of the most likely reasons why the JAMB e-facility portal is not opening. In so doing, I will also proffer solution to help you out.
Here are the reasons why the JAMB portal is not opening:
- your mobile data is turned off
- you do not have sufficient data
- wrong spelling of the portal address
- poor Internet services
- 404 error
- portal is undergoing maintenance
Here are the solutions to each of the issues…
1. Your Mobile Data is Turned off
Most people turn off their mobile data when they don’t have Internet needs. They do so to save their battery, though some claim it also saves their data. They turn on the data when they want to use the Internet.
However, there are times when users of the JAMB Portal try to access the site but they forget to turn on their mobile data.
In such cases, the JAMB portal will not open.
The simple solution to this is to turn on your mobile data and try visiting the portal again.
2. You Do Not Have Sufficient Data
If the JAMB portal is not opening for you, it might be because you do not have sufficient data. What you need to do is to check your data balance and renew your data bundle subscription if you need to.
When you are done, try visiting the portal again.
3. Wrong Spelling of the Portal Address
This happens a lot of times. Because of the way the Internet is programmed to function, a slight spelling error in a site’s url could prevent you from accessing the site.
The same is true of JAMB portal.
Therefore, you need to ensure that you type the portal address correctly whenever you need to access it. Otherwise, the portal will not open for you.
More so, you need to realize that the web address for JAMB portal has recently changed from www.jamb.org.ng to www.jamb.gov.ng. If you type the old address, the portal will not open for you.
4. Poor Internet Services
There may be poor Internet services as a result of the whether condition in your area or a glitch from your network provider. This condition could prevent JAMB portal from opening.
If you think that poor Internet services is the reason why you are unable to access JAMB portal, you can give it some time and try again later.
5. Error 404
We pointed out earlier that the web address for JAMB portal has recently changed from www.jamb.org.ng to www.jamb.gov.ng.
If you type the old address of the portal, you may get a 404 error.
So always ensure that you type the new JAMB Portal web address correctly.
6. Portal is Undergoing Maintenance
Once in a long while, JAMB’s expert programmers take the JAMB portal through routine maintenance. They do so to ensure that the portal keeps working seamlessly without glitches.
However, during the short period of maintenance, the JAMB portal may not be accessible to users. When this is the case, users are advised to wait and try it out at a later time.
Frequently Asked Questions, FAQs About JAMB Portal Login
In this section, I will try to answer the frequently asked questions about JAMB portal in general and JAMB portal login particularly. I would be doing so just in case you are still asking some of those questions. The idea is to leave no stone unturned in my goal of providing as much clarity on this subject as possible.
Let’s get down on it…
1. Is JAMB Portal 2023 Open?
Yes, the JAMB portal is open for 2023/2024 activities. This means that you can now go to the JAMB portal and enroll for the 2023 JAMB UTME or Direct Entry.
Remember that you don’t need to delay for any reason. The earlier you carry out your registration, the better chances you have at selecting a convenient examination town and so on. Best wishes…
2. How Do I Log Into my 2023 JAMB Portal?
The procedure of logging into your 2023 JAMB portal is very simple as long as you are duly registered. All you need is a good device with Internet connectivity and a standard browser like Chrome, Firefox and so on.
If you have all those,
- Open your web browser.
- Copy and paste the following link or just click to continue ->www.portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility
- Enter your JAMB email address (i.e. the one you used for registration) and your login password.
- Click the Enter button to access your 2023 JAMB Portal.
3. Why is My JAMB Portal Not Opening?
If the JAMB portal is not opening for you, there are a number of reasons that may be behind it. Here are some of them…
- You may be entering your password incorrectly.
- The email address you are entering may be incorrect.
- You may not have sufficient mobile data to access the Internet.
- The network signal in your area may not be strong enough to open JAMB CAPS Portal.
- The JAMB CAPS portal maybe undergoing routine maintenance.
If your are sure that the email address you are entering is correct but you still cannot login to JAMB CAPS, check your password. Your password maybe wrong. If you have forgotten your login password, you can reset it via email.
4. How Can I Check My JAMB Admission Status?
Candidates actually ask this question using various formats. Some of the forms in which candidates present the question include:
- can I check admission status with only registration number?
- can I check admission status by name?
- how to check admission status with email?
- how to check admission status through SMS?
The answer to the above questions is very simple. You can only check your JAMB admission status on the JAMB CAPS Portal. Therefore, what you actually need in order to check your JAMB admission status are your portal login details. So what you need are your JAMB email address and password.
If you have them ready, follow the simple steps below to check your JAMB admission status on CAPS Portal…
1. Visit the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) portal at http://www.jamb.gov.ng/efacility/.
2. Login with your JAMB Email and Password.
3. When you successfully log in, scroll down to locate and click on ‘Access my CAPS‘.
4. Then select Check Admission Status on the left panel.
5. Select your Exam year and supply your registration number in the necessary columns.
6. Finally, click the ‘Check Admission Status’ button to access your JAMB admission status. You can also click on ‘Access my CAPS‘ to access CAPS for Admission status and other related services.
5. How Do I Check my JAMB Result Online | JAMB Result Checker Portal Login
Although candidates can check their JAMB result using the SMS method, it is only on the JAMB result checker portal that they can access the full comprehensive result.
So you need to do your JAMB result checker portal login before proceeding to check your UTME result.
Here’s how to go about it…
- Visit the JAMB portal at https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility.
- Set your browser preferably to desktop version.
- Login with your JAMB email and password.
- Click Access Results.
- Your score will appear on the screen.
6. Is JAMB Portal Open for 2023/2024 Admission?
YES! The JAMB portal for 2023/2024 admission Exercise is now open and active. Admission seekers can now monitor their admission status on the portal so as to easily see when they have been offered admission.
The JAMB portal is an online platform specifically designed for conducting various admission-related processes in Nigeria. JAMB portal serves as a central hub where candidates, educational institutions and JAMB itself can interact and access information and services related to admissions, examinations, results and other relevant activities.
So here’s where we end this very informative article. We trust that it is helpful. Really thanking you for visiting this website.
Remember that you can use the comments section to ask questions in case there’s something you don’t understand about JAMB Portal. Or just share your thoughts with us.
See you on the next article.
Still Got a Question? Drop Your Question Right HERE 👇👇 and click on Search. Get an Immediate Response...
Get in touch with us
Like and Follow us on Facebook @SURE SUCCESS NG
Join our Aspirants Facebook Group @JAMB Tutorials & Updates
UNN Aspirants and Students, Join MY UNN DREAMS (MUD)
If this post was helpful to you, please help us to reach others by sharing with the buttons below!